Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAF Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crowd looking then in Arizona. Lots a NFL names being paid to be on camera though. Not sure how long that lasts.

Comment

Iím watching this salt lake vs Arizona game.......this is garbage, and the stadium is empty. I have a strong feeling this will be a one and done league. And no , I donít want it to fail, I want it to succeed, simply because I love football, no matter the league, but man oh man, this is not good for gaining interest. Even the broadcast is very poor quality. Micís not working, can hear people talking in the background. Total facepalm

EDIT: Ok, I may have jumped the gun a little, it took a quarter and a bit to get going, but this Arizona offence looks pretty exciting. Be interesting to see how this thing goes, All in all , I just love watching football in feb .
      Last edited by mh88; 02-10-2019, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mh88 View Post
        Iím watching this salt lake vs Arizona game.......this is garbage, and the stadium is empty. I have a strong feeling this will be a one and done league. And no , I donít want it to fail, I want it to succeed, simply because I love football, no matter the league, but man oh man, this is not good for gaining interest. Even the broadcast is very poor quality. Micís not working, can hear people talking in the background. Total facepalm
        Yeh but the NFL realizes it needs a feeder system for the betterment of the NFL.

Comment

I see former 9er Mike Purcell playing NT for the Salt Lickers

Comment

Interesting that the onfield medical staff is from the league, not from each team.
            Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Yeh but the NFL realizes it needs a feeder system for the betterment of the NFL.
              Especially in regards to the development of QBs.

Comment

Yeah that's interesting

Comment

Originally posted by TheAxeMan View Post
                  Perez the Iron QB would look good in the CFL.
                  Birmingham Iron seems to have a lot of Rider connections
                  all 3 QBs Louis Perez, Keith Price, Blake Sims
                  RB Trent Richardson
                  DT Nick James

Also, I don't think he has any Rider connection but they have a TE named Busta Anderson. How can you not like a guy named Busta?

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Klink View Post
                    What's funny or more sad really is Canadian fan boys on social media who say it already is better than CFL despite the teams being full of CFL rejects. I will never understand Canadain sports "fans" who can follow 3rd-rate soccer (MLS), 2nd-rate football (AAF) then thumbs their noses at CFL for being "Bush league".

Does this happen in any other country? Like do Swedish hockey fans call the Swedish league a bush league because it's not the NHL?
                    Come on man you know as well as every other Canadian that we are an inferior country and if it ain't from south the border it ain't worth watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                      Solid debut for them. Good for them. Outdrew a big NBA Saturday night matchup.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/ca.sport...174503810.html
                      Saw this posted by @emptyseatsgalore about TV numbers for opening night of the XFL back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by berbs View Post

Saw this posted by @emptyseatsgalore about TV numbers for opening night of the XFL back in the day.
                        An initial curiosity factor but after that the game has to sell itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

The NFL has a feeder league. Itís called the NCAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Especially in regards to the development of QBs.
                            In last night's game they didn't talk as much about the need to develop QBs as they did the need to develop OL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel Klink View Post
                              What's funny or more sad really is Canadian fan boys on social media who say it already is better than CFL despite the teams being full of CFL rejects. I will never understand Canadain sports "fans" who can follow 3rd-rate soccer (MLS), 2nd-rate football (AAF) then thumbs their noses at CFL for being "Bush league".

Does this happen in any other country? Like do Swedish hockey fans call the Swedish league a bush league because it's not the NHL?
                              I always wonder how many of those "fan boys" actually watch the NFL or now AAF or simply like to cut down the CFL for no other reason that it is the CFL and they like to make a bunch of noise. I'd wager most CFL fans know more about NFL teams, players and coaches than most of the CFL detractors do. it's very easy to criticize something if you're working from a point of ignorance. The guy in the White House proves that every time he opens his mouth.

Comment

• Another observation watching the replay of the Arizona game. The announcers seem to spend more time talking about the coaches and fluffing them than the players.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X