Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAF Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by painter View Post

The one in the afternoon is on CBS sports network. Also looks like many tickets available for this one in the tickets link to game on the AAF. com website.
    Legion Field is a big stadium. It holds over 71K for football.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post

Two games on today one at 3 and the other at 7. According to my guide the only TV coverage will be the 7 pm (Salt Lake at Arizona ) game and only on the NFL Network. It will ibe interesting to see how this one will fare in the ratings going up against the NBA and The Grammy's.
      For sure. Today is day two so itíll be interesting. Last night though they did beat the NBA, in a game that featured the last two NBA MVPís in a marquee matchup.

The fans are there. If the league offers a quality product and no XFL gimmicks itís got a real shot to thrive and grow.

Comment

Originally posted by painter View Post

Does the link for the game just show up at game time? Can't see anything on there right now about game stream links. Also any cost or is it a free link?
        I don't know. There was a "view live" option last night

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post

I don't know. There was a "view live" option last night
          ok thanks will check at game time.

Comment

Ticketmaster map of stadium in Birmingham showing seating plan with remaining tickets for afternoon game. Just to be fair I've added the seating map for tonight's game that shows Click image for larger version

Name:	aaf2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	402952 way more tickets gone for that game.

Click image for larger version  Name:	aaf.PNG Views:	1 Size:	304.7 KB ID:	402938
            Last edited by painter; 02-10-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Possibly. I hope not. I hope it does well. Iím excited for spring football. From listening to Ebersol and Polian sounds like they have the footing to last for at least a few years to try and develop the brand.

Getting over 20k people out the week after Super Bowl sounds pretty good to me. Iíll likely check out a game somewhere during my winter and spring travels.
              But how many were free hand outs to get people in the stands so the opener looked good on TV?

Comment

Originally posted by berbs View Post

But how many were free hand outs to get people in the stands so the opener looked good on TV?
                Who knows. Maybe it was like an Argo game lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

It's funny/not funny how fans love seeing QBs get decapitated. I used to be in that camp but know better now. It's bad for the player and it's bad for the game.
                  Depends whose head is in the helmet... j/k. Just for the survival of the game we can't afford to be losing our best players to extremely hard hits/cheap shots for defensive players looking to make their marks.

Comment

James Wilder from the Argos has created some good conversation about the CBA and AAF on twitter today

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't watch the game but I'll admit it's nice to see San Diego has a pro team again. But I've got some questions about this upstart league. If this league makes a go of it what will it do to NFL viewership which is already in the decline? People only have so much disposable income and even that's shrinking so, could this new league actually hurt the NFL. Another thing to think about is what is the ultimate goal of this league. Is it in it for the long haul to give players who couldn't make it in the other two pro leagues a chance to play football or is this just another AFL like tactic to coerce the NFL to take in new teams? Because if it is and they actually succeed it'll dilute the already less than stellar talent pool available to both us and the NFL

So many questions, so few answers.

Comment

Interesting about the hit was it wasn't dwelled upon for half an hour . Quickly diagnosed as a clean hit and it looked it really , a quick nod to the refs and play on.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckT View Post

One of the best comments I heard from this league, regarding the selection of some markets, was that they tried to tie them to university/college football programs. There are countless "big" name players, who are huge deals for alum of those schools, that never make the NFL.
                          The simple fact that the league starts in February also played a huge role in choosing those markets. They deliberately had to shoot for those university/college programs with the caveat that they be in the south. Salt Lake which they wisely scheduled to be on the road for the first 2 weeks is the only location that can face wintery conditions as normal at this time of year. Temps there over the next 2 weeks are bouncing between -1F and +6F for daytime highs; high of +2F is forecast for their season opener on the 23rd. The rest of the locations are either within 150 miles of the Mexican border or are in what is considered to be the Deep South or in the case of Orlando south of the Deep South.

It will be interesting to see how they fare both at the turnstiles and with ratings once America's sports attention focuses on March Madness. Conference tournaments start around Week 5 of the AAF season with the Final Four happening AAF Week 9 out of 10. It will also be interesting to see how attendances fare after the initial enthusiasm of home openers and the general novelty is behind them. Yesterday's crowds were bigger than I anticipated and certainly the San Antonio crowd seemed very much into it but will that carry over to future games? Of note last night's attendance in Orlando of 20191 was well below the 25563 average of the XFL's Orlando Rage. The AAF has 2 other XFL locations; Memphis and Birmingham who averaged 20396 and 17002 respectively in the XFL. We all know how that ended but it may have operated on a much different business model.

Comment

I really liked the Sky Judge getting air-time for how he determined a challenge / call

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                              I really liked the Sky Judge getting air-time for how he determined a challenge / call
                              Definitely increases the accountability for the eye in the sky when you hear the explanation for their decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                                Yes, but we get to have Andre Proulx singing out the decision for the call to old Frank Sinatra tunes in french. C'mon... you simply cannot top that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X