Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAF Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAF Games

San Diego vs San Antonio

anyone watching? Itís actuslly not bad. I think the camera angles are much better than the CFL... so far itís oretty decent.

if this sticks, the CFL is in tough.

This is good!

Im enjoying the AAF!

Comment

We cut that David Cobb kid? He looks pretty good.

Comment

Has Boyko played? I havenít seen him but havenít been looking closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Clambake View Post
          We cut that David Cobb kid? He looks pretty good.
          We cut Terrence Cobb. I only know this because I thought it was the same guy and had to confirm today lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KlutcH View Post

We cut Terrence Cobb. I only know this because I thought it was the same guy and had to confirm today lol.
            We cut David Cobb too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

We cut David Cobb too.
              Interesting.

Comment

I really enjoyed watching tonight's San Antonio versus San Diego! The football was fine and there were many nice plays as well as referees who kept their flags in their pockets for the majority of the game. This league was smart to place teams where they did. The soundbites were great and I enjoyed not watching the camera being stuck in someone's face on the sideline for 60 seconds after they made a great play. A few really good clean hits as well. This is the real deal folks and because of the people involved, it will do well. Interesting to note that the American coaches with experience in Canada feel that there will always be a place for Canadian football due to the size of the field and the need for quarterbacks who can really run.

Comment

Originally posted by raincatcher View Post
                  I really enjoyed watching tonight's San Antonio versus San Diego! The football was fine and there were many nice plays as well as referees who kept their flags in their pockets for the majority of the game. This league was smart to place teams where they did. The soundbites were great and I enjoyed not watching the camera being stuck in someone's face on the sideline for 60 seconds after they made a great play. A few really good clean hits as well. This is the real deal folks and because of the people involved, it will do well. Interesting to note that the American coaches with experience in Canada feel that there will always be a place for Canadian football due to the size of the field and the need for quarterbacks who can really run.
                  At the end of the day it all comes down to money. These guys have given away a taste to try and secure money later on. Thing is once you have given it away, its tough to start asking people to pay for it. The other hill to climb is that there are a lot of people who dont watch because its not the NFL. Sure there are those who watch because its football, but is it enough to draw in a substantial amount of NFL fans. i wonder how many people wont watch because many of the players are guys who can no longer cut it in the NFL just like soccer fans wont watch anything less than Premier league. These 3 year contracts...........very few of these guys will make it to year 3 and I think most will be one and done because if the NFL doesnt come calling they will be crushed while the dream of the guy who got cut from the NFL will still be fresh.

A couple of weeks spring training opens up and the attention will drift towards baseball. The last couple of weeks of their season along with their playoffs will be up against NBA and NHL playoffs.

Comment

What was the attendance?
                    Last edited by Rider_Stronson; 02-10-2019, 06:12 AM. Reason: messed up quote tag

Comment

Originally posted by rider-in-the-rockies View Post
                      Has Boyko played? I havenít seen him but havenít been looking closely.
                      I didn't see him play.

Comment

Originally posted by Ike View Post

What was the attendance?
                        In the other thread, someone posted 20 to 25K

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

In the other thread, someone posted 20 to 25K
                          It was 27,000 and change for he San Diego game.

Comment

I believe you and was planning to watch but just fell asleep. Crap, but what can you do, lol.

Comment

Thatís already more than an average CFL game.

As I expected it was good football and not gimmicky like the XFL was. Looking forward to watching this for a few months until CFL season kicks off

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X