Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alliance of American Football League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comment


    • Comment


      • Well that was quick.

        Comment


        • This Dundon guy throws his money around. $420M for the Hurricanes, and then drops $250M for a two week old football league. I've mulled the purchase of a new cell phone longer than this guy took to buy a spring football league.

          Comment


          • All I heard about for months was the backing to
            this league. Big names and endless cash. Players spouting off about 5 years of cash flow and talking smack about the CFL. Then on day 16 of the operation they are literally about to fold and need a 250 million dollar bail out. This wonít end well.

            Comment


            • Before the AAF even started, I gave it two years. Now I give it to the end of their first football year, and then a folding of the tent will happen. The "supposed" big money behind the league has already fled. People will read this news and stay away as it's like a bad odor. Attendance will get even worse. People will watch less and less, thinking why invest my time in a league that's going to fold soon anyways.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Bugsey2k View Post
                This Dundon guy throws his money around. $420M for the Hurricanes, and then drops $250M for a two week old football league. I've mulled the purchase of a new cell phone longer than this guy took to buy a spring football league.
                What Dundon gave was 250 million dollars of backing. He is rolling the dice that the league rebounds. However, he will take his backing and his bag of cash and minimize his losses long before that 250 million is ever spent. I agree with Stronson, this league probably goes about 80 million in the hole and Dundon says no mas and folds the league.

                Comment


                • Apparently the payroll issues was an "administrative glitch". Yeah, ok.

                  Comment


                  • Good analysis of situation Rider Stronson. Already the so-called Alliance must battle the perception of failure.

                    Usa Today newspaper makes a great point as well: "$250 million will probably buy a lot of mediocre football Ė it canít be a great sign that his cash infusion was so badly needed this early."
                    While the AAF has earned itself some headlines through two weeks, the underlying issues that plague every new football league aren't going away.
                    CBA please.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                      Apparently the payroll issues was an "administrative glitch". Yeah, ok.
                      They are sure putting on their best brave face thus far:

                      https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edium=referral
                      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by berbs View Post
                        All I heard about for months was the backing to
                        this league. Big names and endless cash. Players spouting off about 5 years of cash flow and talking smack about the CFL. Then on day 16 of the operation they are literally about to fold and need a 250 million dollar bail out. This wonít end well.
                        Has anybody asked Derek Dennis about how he feels about this latest development? He was probably the loudest cfl player on twitter beaking about how the AAF will drain cfl talent and force the CFL to up the cap significantly.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Soylent View Post
                          Good analysis of situation Rider Stronson. Already the so-called Alliance must battle the perception of failure.

                          Usa Today newspaper makes a great point as well: "$250 million will probably buy a lot of mediocre football Ė it canít be a great sign that his cash infusion was so badly needed this early."
                          It's not that hard to figure out. We've seen this story about spring football many times already. The only thing that's surprising is that the AAF is already taking on dangerous amounts of water this early. I thought they'd weather it for a year and try to put their best face on things, and then limp to the finish line in year 2, and then fold. It's likely going to be a full year before that now.

                          Not to mention, once things gets consolidated in the hands of just one person, now the Hurricanes' owner, well, we know how these types of stories always end. On the bright side, great news for the CFL. A competitor is likely to die in one short year. I've always felt the XFL is a far bigger threat. And even the XFL better worry.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Yemenator47 View Post

                            Has anybody asked Derek Dennis about how he feels about this latest development? He was probably the loudest cfl player on twitter beaking about how the AAF will drain cfl talent and force the CFL to up the cap significantly.
                            Derek Dennis also believes the XFL is already fully funded for 5 years. He's dreaming in technicolour if he actually believes such nonsense.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

                              It's not that hard to figure out. We've seen this story about spring football many times already. The only thing that's surprising is that the AAF is already taking on dangerous amounts of water this early. I thought they'd weather it for a year and try to put their best face on things, and then limp to the finish line in year 2, and then fold. It's likely going to be a full year before that now.

                              Not to mention, once things gets consolidated in the hands of just one person, now the Hurricanes' owner, well, we know how these types of stories always end. On the bright side, great news for the CFL. A competitor is likely to die in one short year. I've always felt the XFL is a far bigger threat. And even the XFL better worry.
                              The CFL actually gets some free mini camp time.
                              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

                                It's not that hard to figure out. We've seen this story about spring football many times already. The only thing that's surprising is that the AAF is already taking on dangerous amounts of water this early. I thought they'd weather it for a year and try to put their best face on things, and then limp to the finish line in year 2, and then fold. It's likely going to be a full year before that now.

                                Not to mention, once things gets consolidated in the hands of just one person, now the Hurricanes' owner, well, we know how these types of stories always end. On the bright side, great news for the CFL. A competitor is likely to die in one short year. I've always felt the XFL is a far bigger threat. And even the XFL better worry.
                                Why do you feel the XFL is a bigger threat? My uninformed opinion always thought the opposite

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X