Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alliance of American Football League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you not play Ironman after an Iron home victory

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

TSN is really amateur and they have no incentive to improve with being locked in and exclusive.
      You mean aside from that fact that attracting viewers are what pays the bills?

Comment

@newworldagency

AAF players earn roughly $9,300 CAD per game, compared to $3,000 CAD per game on a CFL minimum contract. The AAF only has 10 regular season games vs. 18 regular season games in the CFL.
        #CFL #AAF

Comment

Here comes the final game of the weekend and the one team I've chosen to root for , The Hot Shots .

Comment

Originally posted by regina View Post
            The Iron helmets and uniforms are stunning . Great look
            Look like high school or CIS unis to me. No logo on the matte black helmets?

Comment

Originally posted by thebryceisright View Post
              It's embarrassing that the first game already looks and sounds way better than a TSN broadcasts. Maybe this will force TSN to try and improve the production quality LOL, I doubt it..
              They are one and done on CBS and will be going to cable channels for they rest of the season ……………………. I'm not sure what people expect from TSN I find there production value pretty good and any features they do are second to none

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                  People STILL want Tebow to play football???

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

People STILL want Tebow to play football???
                    Sure, fans of all pro teams Tebow never played for seem to.

Comment

• A solid article from former NFL player Nate Jackson who finished his career (sort of) in the short-lived UFL. Well-worth a read.

https://deadspin.com/the-promise-of-...ore-1832647578

Also, some solid opinions in the comment section. Specifically, this echoes my sentiment:
                      "The problem isn’t the NFL, none of these products are designed to the compete with the NFL. The problem here is College Football. That’s who these products are competing with. Because there already exists a “second tier” football talent league, and its not just 1 league with 30 teams, its dozens of small leagues with dozens of teams each. There are already minor league football fans in these cities, and they have a well established product, it’s called College Football."

Further, this I think is accurate:
                      "People only like football to the extent that it’s being played by their favorite NFL team/local college/town’s high school. There’s a reason it hasn’t really caught on outside the US—no one gives a **** about the Golden Dome or the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field. I came to the conclusion that if some radioactive wave zapped everyone’s cultural memories and we had to rebuild society from scratch based on documents and video, I don’t know that people would bother to recreate football. It’s too complex, too stop-and-start, too dangerous, and frankly, not that fun to watch if you didn’t have a rooting interest or weren’t sitting with people who were into it."

I've never been the slightest bit concerned about these upstart leagues for the reasons above. I love the Riders as much because of generations of tradition within my family, and decades of fandom on my behalf. Sure, there are die-hard fans of the game itself that will watch anything resembling football, but there aren't enough of those people to sustain another league. And, being frank, football is boring. It takes forever and there's minimal action and it's incredibly complex for a new fan to pick up. I love the CFL and the Riders because I've always loved the CFL and the Riders, certainly much more than I like football itself. Hell, the past few years I've watched significantly less CFL football because the product has been pretty mediocre - Rider games remain appointment TV, but while I used to watch at least 3 of 4 games each week, I rarely watched many non-Rider games in their entirety anymore, and some I don't watch at all. I don't see the AAF product becoming any better - if even as good - as what's happening on CFL fields.

Comment

• Not much of a crowd tonight in Memphis
                        Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy View Post
                          A solid article from former NFL player Nate Jackson who finished his career (sort of) in the short-lived UFL. Well-worth a read.

https://deadspin.com/the-promise-of-...ore-1832647578

Also, some solid opinions in the comment section. Specifically, this echoes my sentiment:
                          "The problem isn’t the NFL, none of these products are designed to the compete with the NFL. The problem here is College Football. That’s who these products are competing with. Because there already exists a “second tier” football talent league, and its not just 1 league with 30 teams, its dozens of small leagues with dozens of teams each. There are already minor league football fans in these cities, and they have a well established product, it’s called College Football."

Further, this I think is accurate:
                          "People only like football to the extent that it’s being played by their favorite NFL team/local college/town’s high school. There’s a reason it hasn’t really caught on outside the US—no one gives a **** about the Golden Dome or the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field. I came to the conclusion that if some radioactive wave zapped everyone’s cultural memories and we had to rebuild society from scratch based on documents and video, I don’t know that people would bother to recreate football. It’s too complex, too stop-and-start, too dangerous, and frankly, not that fun to watch if you didn’t have a rooting interest or weren’t sitting with people who were into it."

I've never been the slightest bit concerned about these upstart leagues for the reasons above. I love the Riders as much because of generations of tradition within my family, and decades of fandom on my behalf. Sure, there are die-hard fans of the game itself that will watch anything resembling football, but there aren't enough of those people to sustain another league. And, being frank, football is boring. It takes forever and there's minimal action and it's incredibly complex for a new fan to pick up. I love the CFL and the Riders because I've always loved the CFL and the Riders, certainly much more than I like football itself. Hell, the past few years I've watched significantly less CFL football because the product has been pretty mediocre - Rider games remain appointment TV, but while I used to watch at least 3 of 4 games each week, I rarely watched many non-Rider games in their entirety anymore, and some I don't watch at all. I don't see the AAF product becoming any better - if even as good - as what's happening on CFL fields.
                          A Canafian dollar being on par with the US dollar would solve a lot of challenges.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	ABEB6794-12EC-4CE6-887E-4491C032FCD6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	409818 Looks like the Argos should be in that league.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X