Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alliance of American Football League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

The NFL poured millions of $$$ into the WLAF/NFL Europe/NFL Europa to have a minor league system. If someone else is willing to foot most of the bill, the NFL would certainly be open to assisting the venture.
    It's my opinion but I think the NFL is propping the AAF up mostly as a reaction to the XFL which it perceives as a longer term threat. And chances that the AAF and XFL will be around in 5 years is very remote. There just isn't a desire to watch badly watered down American football in the spring. These leagues are going up against the ultimate sports monster in the NFL and then the NCAA to boot. People like the offseason. Vince McMahon is going to lose a ton of money yet again.

Comment

• Has the quality of play improved at all? I gave up watching in week 2 from a combination of crappy football and nausea inducing camera angles.

Comment

• Originally posted by footballisgood View Post
        Has the quality of play improved at all? I gave up watching in week 2 from a combination of crappy football and nausea inducing camera angles.
        Its definitely improved. Still isnít as good as our game but Iíve enjoyed what I have watched. Hopefully it gains more traction and is successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by footballisgood View Post
          Has the quality of play improved at all? I gave up watching in week 2 from a combination of crappy football and nausea inducing camera angles.
          Nope. It's like watching Melfort versus Sintaluta in 6 man football action in Sintaluta Stadium....same amount of fans watching it too.

I actually tuned in on Sunday night for the 2nd time since the league started and it was garbage football just like week 1.

Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Nope. It's like watching Melfort versus Sintaluta in 6 man football action in Sintaluta Stadium....same amount of fans watching it too.

I actually tuned in on Sunday night for the 2nd time since the league started and it was garbage football just like week 1.
            After that 6 hour power outage in 2001, there was a baby boom in Melfort and now they moved up to 9 man!
            But damn, I was hoping it would be decent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

It's my opinion but I think the NFL is propping the AAF up mostly as a reaction to the XFL which it perceives as a longer term threat. And chances that the AAF and XFL will be around in 5 years is very remote. There just isn't a desire to watch badly watered down American football in the spring. These leagues are going up against the ultimate sports monster in the NFL and then the NCAA to boot. People like the offseason. Vince McMahon is going to lose a ton of money yet again.
              I suspect that the NFL will want AAF to be around to compete with XFL. They don't want XFL to be alone in the spring. It'll be a lot harder for XFL (and AAF) to gain traction when one another is around. They certainly don't want XFL to win the battle between the two.

If XFL starts to fade away, then we'll see how much the NFL cares about spring football. Maybe they'll keep propping up AAF, or maybe they'll just let spring football die again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                Click image for larger version Name:	08.jpg Views:	1 Size:	130.4 KB ID:	419326
                The AAF claims there were 9,351 at this game (via @drafdiamonds). Talk about juicing the numbers.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	D1Qr6t0XQActWKr.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	419772

https://twitter.com/EmptySeatsPics/s...56110084820994

AAF claims there were 20,823 fans at this San Diego Fleet game this past weekend (via @draftdiamonds).

Comment

• Wow. These inflated numbers are hilarious ! 7k tops at that game.

Comment

• Besides the attendance reports ,anyone see any decent quarterbacks there ?

Comment

• Did anyone else hear about the AAF President's 17" *****? It's a fact. He measured it and everything, you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenwall View Post
                          Besides the attendance reports ,anyone see any decent quarterbacks there ?
                          There's no decent anything. It's purely awful football. Perhaps the lack of training camp and unfamiliarity is the reason but there is nothing close to redeeming about this tire fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy View Post

There's no decent anything. It's purely awful football. Perhaps the lack of training camp and unfamiliarity is the reason but there is nothing close to redeeming about this tire fire.
                            I check it out to see how bad the crowds are but they don't even show that anymore...

Comment

• I read the Boyko article on why he shunned the Canadian Football League for this, definitely makes sense. Much better chance to get on an NFL radar this year versus wasting a whole year in the CFL and hoping for something in a year or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                                I read the Boyko article on why he shunned the Canadian Football League for this, definitely makes sense. Much better chance to get on an NFL radar this year versus wasting a whole year in the CFL and hoping for something in a year or two.
                                Fair enough but is he getting any film in the AAF? He hasn't been mentioned in the excitement packed San Diego clashes I've seen... and not making the line-up as an ot in the AAF is like not making the line-up on a Sicilian ice hockey team.
                                CBA please.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X