Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alliance of American Football League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

The CFL actually gets some free mini camp time.
    I wonder how Bill Polian and Charlie Ebersol feel now? (Ebersol is the one with links to CBS Sports Network). This past offseason, all I heard was how smart these two guys are, how they couldn't possibly get involved in a venture that was bound to fail. Well, Charlie's father Dick Ebersol was involved in the colossal flop, the XFL. Looks like son will follow the father on this one.

Comment

• Just been reading the very entertaining AAF and XFL Reddit pages. The most common phrase is "Infomercial Football," suggesting that the basic business plan was to pay to put games on tv with minimal ads in the hope of building a following.

The other suggestion thrown around is the so-called venture capital backers intended just to establish its feasibility and take a quick profit. So now it's upwards and onwards ...
      CBA please.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
        Apparently the payroll issues was an "administrative glitch". Yeah, ok.
        They forgot to deposit the money to cover the paychecks? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by footballisgood View Post
          Plus the football this weekend was borderline unwatchable. Teams wearing uniforms that were way too close to matching, seizure inducing camera angles and just high school level football in terms of execution. I do like the elimination of the kickoffs, but the 35 second play clock I think has backfired too. The play calls are being rushed in when that extra five seconds could lead to much better play calling.

The CFL has nothing to fear from this league.
          Definitely my biggest complaint are the horrendous camera angles. Some PBP & colour commentators are not much of a step up from Rod Black quality, IMHO.
          ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

• Americans donít watch minor league football.

Comment

• Comment

• About the only thing surprising about this is that it happened and became public within 3 weeks. Dundon sure likes wasting his money...

Comment

• AAAF website has all the latest news:
                  "What we learned from Birmingham Iron's victory over Salt Lake Stallions", etc, etc

CBA please.

Comment

• This is good timing for the CFL owners and bad news for the CFLPA as far as CBA negotiations go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                      I really thought they had the right guys and investors involved to make a legitimate run at a new league this time. I guess they still can, but what a terrible way to start off

Comment

• The Carolina Hurricanes are running well?

Comment

The Carolina Hurricanes are running well?
                          Yup they have moved up in Attendance from 29th to 28th this season.

Comment

• The real "glitch" was the league was not going to meet payroll. Then all of a sudden a cash injection and just like by magic, the players get paid. Funny how that happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

I really thought they had the right guys and investors involved to make a legitimate run at a new league this time. I guess they still can, but what a terrible way to start off
                              No one put any money into this thing and just based their revenue on the prospective of bums in the seats, gaining sponsors and maybe a TV deal.

Can each team run on $10M per season with no incoming revenue?

Comment

The real "glitch" was the league was not going to meet payroll. Then all of a sudden a cash injection and just like by magic, the players get paid. Funny how that happens.
                                Owners of the league paid themselves first and found out there was nothing left.

Going to say that Dundon's $250M is along the lines of a lifeline to keep this thing going and seeing if this venture is viable. If it does well he will make the full investment, if it craters he walks away spending $25M give or take.

Isnt the WWE based in North Carolina? Might be a back door deal with Vince?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X