Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAF QB Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAF QB Draft

Happening tonight.

https://aaf.com/kurt-warner-named-le...pick-qb-draft/
    Is it May yet?

And no one's aware of it. No chatter about it on twitter whatsoever. There is zero sizzle to this league.

Comment

http://www.rodpedersen.com/2018/11/t...-taken-in.html

The Alliance of American Football begins its inaugural season in 74 days, and on Tuesday night the league held its first-ever Protect or Pick Quarterback Draft.

Three former Saskatchewan Roughriders quarterbacks were selected. None of them spent significant time with the Riders, nor made an impact on the field.

Draft rules
      Dozens of players have already signed to the league's eight franchises, but quarterbacks are assigned in the draft. Any quarterback already signed to the Alliance is eligible to be selected in the draft, which uses a "Protect or Pick" format. All signed quarterbacks are also allocated to the team located closest to their college or last NFL or CFL team before the draft.

Round 1
      San Diego Fleet: Josh Johnson (protected)
      Atlanta Legends: Aaron Murray (protected)
      Memphis Express: Troy Cook (protected)
      San Antonio Commanders: Dustin Vaughan (protected)
      Birmingham Iron: Luis Perez
      Arizona Hotshots: Trevor Knight
      Orlando Apollos: Garrett Gilbert
      Salt Lake Stallions: Josh Woodrum

Round 2
      San Diego Fleet: Mike Bercovici
      Birmingham Iron: Blake Sims
      Arizona Hotshots: John Wolford
      Orlando Apollos: Stephen Morris
      Atlanta Legends: Matt Simms
      Salt Lake Stallions: B.J. Daniels
      Memphis Express: Christian Hackenberg
      San Antonio Commanders: Marquise Williams

Round 3
      San Antonio Commanders: Logan Woodside
      Memphis Express: Brandon Silvers
      Salt Lake Stallions: Austin Allen
      Atlanta Legends: Peter Pujals
      Orlando Apollos: Austin Appleby
      Arizona Hotshots: Quinn McQueary
      Birmingham Iron: Scott Tolzien
      San Diego Fleet: Philip Nelson

Round 4
      San Antonio Commanders: Dalton Sturm
      Memphis Express: Zach Mettenberger
      Salt Lake Stallions: Matt Linehan
      Atlanta Legends: Justin Holman
      Orlando Apollos: Kevin Anderson
      Arizona Hotshots: Jack Heneghan
      Birmingham Iron: Alek Torgersen
      San Diego Fleet: Alex Ross

HEAD COACHES

Atlanta Legends: Brad Childress (Michael Vick is the offensive coordinator)
      Arizona Hotshots: Rick Neuheisel
      Birmingham Iron: Tim Lewis
      Memphis Express: Mike Singletary
      Orlando Apollos: Steve Spurrier
      Salt Lake Stallions: Dennis Erickson
      San Antonio Commanders: Mike Riley
      San Diego Fleet: Mike Martz

CBS will air the league's debut game on Feb. 9, 2019, one week after Super Bowl LIII on CBS. The network will also carry the Alliance of American Football's championship game on the final weekend of April 2019. One regular-season Alliance game will air exclusively on CBS Sports Network each week as well. You can view the entire AAF schedule here.

The league will have eight teams in Atlanta, Orlando, San Diego, San Antonio, Memphis, Birmingham, Salt Lake City and Phoenix. Each team will have 50 players each and will be built primarily through a regionally based draft. To differentiate the Alliance of American Football from its competitors, there will be no TV timeouts and 60 percent fewer commercials. Other differences will include no kickoffs and instead of onside kicks, the trailing team will receive the ball on their own 35-yard line facing fourth down and 10. There will also be a 30-second play clock and mandatory two-point conversion attempts after touchdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
        And no one's aware of it. No chatter about it on twitter whatsoever. There is zero sizzle to this league.
        Is that you?

https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/...401295872?s=19

I wouldn't expect a ton of talk about it now that the NFL is in full swing. The key for them will be whether they can get people to tune in after the Super Bowl when AAF starts playing. If they can get a decent portion of fans who are still hungry for more football, they can probably make this thing fly.
        Is it May yet?

Comment

Comment

If people donít think this league is going to cause major challenges for the CFL they are naive. This will become the preferred non NFL choice for most new pro players.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
              If people donít think this league is going to cause major challenges for the CFL they are naive. This will become the preferred non NFL choice for most new pro players.
              It has to survive a full year first which...doubtful. Bringing in average college QBs from the area is cool for a game until you realize why Aaron Murray and Trevor Knight aren't in the NFL.
              Please be my new father.

Comment

That head coach list gives me 0 positive feelings about this league.
                Please be my new father.

Comment

Head coach Mike Riley-ex of the Bombers/Oregon State and Nebraska

Comment

Zach mettenberger LSU kid who didn't look great at the college level in a high level SEC program. John Wolford I remember from Wake Forest in the ACC vs FSU and Clemson decent athlete with some mobility more of a possibility of a CFL guy because of his mobility. Have to wait until the AAFL folds to go scrap heapin

Comment

Originally posted by Ibleed4green View Post
                      Head coach Mike Riley-ex of the Bombers/Oregon State and Nebraska
                      You forgot "really nice guy".
                      Please be my new father.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibleed4green View Post
                        Zach mettenberger LSU kid who didn't look great at the college level in a high level SEC program. John Wolford I remember from Wake Forest in the ACC vs FSU and Clemson decent athlete with some mobility more of a possibility of a CFL guy because of his mobility. Have to wait until the AAFL folds to go scrap heapin
                        I laugh so hard thinking Mettenberger had Odell, Landry, Jeremy Hill, Alfred Blue and Lael Collins and couldn't do a damm thing. I stan for Wolford and want him in the CFL now.
                        Please be my new father.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post

You forgot "really nice guy".
                          He had a good run at Oregon State, was recruited to Nebraska and fell flat on his face. Guys gotta eat though

Comment

I laugh so hard thinking Mettenberger had Odell, Landry, Jeremy Hill, Alfred Blue and Lael Collins and couldn't do a damm thing. I stan for Wolford and want him in the CFL now.
                            So you're saying Mettenberger wouldn't be as good as Tino Sunseri? The QB issues we have here I don't get why we didn't have another half dozen guys come through in camp. Watford was the best we could find? Coaches didn't like Daniels or Williams either
                            Last edited by Ibleed4green; 11-28-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

It has to survive a full year first which...doubtful. Bringing in average college QBs from the area is cool for a game until you realize why Aaron Murray and Trevor Knight aren't in the NFL.
                              Yet all of us watch a league full of players who couldn't cut it in the NFL.

People watch minor pro hockey and baseball all the time. Why not football?
                              Is it May yet?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X