Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Night, Green Bay @ New England

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by brady View Post

    Rodgers had some great teams. 4 or 5 years back they had 4 or 5 high quality receivers[Jennings, Nelson, Driver,Jones, Finley] and a very solid running back. Not sure the talent difference is much different. One year the Pats had a tight end by the name of Bennett who had a all-pro type season ,The next year he signs as a FA with the Packers and does zip . He is released half way through the season. Brady just brings out a lot more out of his players. Its one of those intangibles. I think people are seeing that emerge with Gordon. Brady has proven he can fight through adversity. Some of those Patriot teams won despite having key players out like Gronk, Edelman out for the season. Not sure that Rodgers has that type of leadership talent.
    Who was this? The last solid RB the Packers had was Ahman Green. Ryan Grant would have been had he not been injury prone. James Starks spent more time at RB than anyone else during his career, who falls over when someone sneezes at him.

    Jennings and Driver were in their prime with Favre. Jones best season was 800ish yards. Finley would have been a good one had he not broken his neck. When Jones came back it was the year Nelson blew out his knee and Rodgers best WR was Jeff Janis. Rodgers has also been blessed with a swiss cheese defense and having to score 35+ points a game to win. Brady has not. Gordon has always been a good player, just needs to put down the dope for a bit so he's eligible to play

    Martellus Bennett? Do we even need to talk about Martellus Bennett?
    Last edited by nernzi19; 11-05-2018, 05:58 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      3 Wins in 2018

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post

        Who was this? The last solid RB the Packers had was Ahman Green. Ryan Grant would have been had he not been injury prone. James Starks spent more time at RB than anyone else during his career, who falls over when someone sneezes at him.

        Jennings and Driver were in their prime with Favre. Jones best season was 800ish yards. Finley would have been a good one had he not broken his neck. When Jones came back it was the year Nelson blew out his knee and Rodgers best WR was Jeff Janis. Rodgers has also been blessed with a swiss cheese defense and having to score 35+ points a game to win. Brady has not. Gordon has always been a good player, just needs to put down the dope for a bit so he's eligible to play

        Martellus Bennett? Do we even need to talk about Martellus Bennett?
        Lacey has 1200 yards rushing in 2013. Jennings, Nelson and Findley were healthy for an entire year and the Packers were beat by the 49ers in the first round. M Bennett had an strong season for the Pats in 2016. He did nothing with Rodgers the following year. The Pats have had patch work no name defence for years. This happens when the league takes two number one draft choices from you and you have your first pick in the other years at number 31 or 32. The Packers have drafted much higher then the Pats during the Rodgers era. Funny thing is players don't make as many bone head mistakes when they play with Brady. They also seem to elevate their performance when they play with Brady. Can't say the same with Rodgers. Personally I would rank Brees higher then Rodgers. In the four head to head games Brees has 200 more yards ,4 TDs more and a superior 70% completion average.
        Last edited by brady; 11-05-2018, 08:33 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by brady View Post

          Lacey has 1200 yards rushing in 2013. Jennings, Nelson and Findley were healthy for an entire year and the Packers were beat by the 49ers in the first round. M Bennett had an strong season for the Pats in 2016. He did nothing with Rodgers the following year. The Pats have had patch work no name defence for years. This happens when the league takes two number one draft choices from you and you have your first pick in the other years at number 31 or 32. The Packers have drafted much higher then the Pats during the Rodgers era. Funny thing is players don't make as many bone head mistakes when they play with Brady. They also seem to elevate their performance when they play with Brady. Can't say the same with Rodgers. Personally I would rank Brees higher then Rodgers. In the four head to head games Brees has 200 more yards ,4 TDs more and a superior 70% completion average.
          So they had 1 season with all the tools together on offense and lost to a team that lost the Super Bowl by 3 points.

          Bennett quit on the Packers, but averaged 9.7 yards/catch before that. (Career average 10.6)

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post

            So they had 1 season with all the tools together on offense and lost to a team that lost the Super Bowl by 3 points.

            Bennett quit on the Packers, but averaged 9.7 yards/catch before that. (Career average 10.6)
            When things aren't working Brady seems to be able to motivate and lead his team to a CB. There isn't any quit in the guy. Rodgers has led the Packers some big comebacks. On Monday he didn't seem to have that. Quite honestly he looked like a loser once the Packers lost the lead. It's not only Bennett. Jared Cook had much better years before he became a Packer and he had better performance after he left.
            Last edited by brady; 11-07-2018, 07:08 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Easy Rider View Post

              The Patriots' last two SB wins speak volumes about Brady's leadership and will to win. Coming back from 10 down in the 4th quarter to beat an all-time great defense against Seattle (Peyton Manning folded his tent in the second quarter the prior year) and, of course, the incredible comeback against the Falcons. There is no quit in him and consequently no quit in his team.
              Sure, Brady is a great QB; and those SB wins also speak volumes about moron coaching decisions.

              Seahawks pound the run game in for a TD and they win; Falcons kick a FG instead of getting stuffed, and game over. How would 0 & 3 in the last SB games sound ?

              GOAT talk is good for a laugh though; what an incredible superstar for NFL hype suckers to fawn over; Rodgers is the better QB talent IMO; unfortunately for him, he doesn't play on the Patriots.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post

                Sure, Brady is a great QB; and those SB wins also speak volumes about moron coaching decisions.

                Seahawks pound the run game in for a TD and they win; Falcons kick a FG instead of getting stuffed, and game over. How would 0 & 3 in the last SB games sound ?

                GOAT talk is good for a laugh though; what an incredible superstar for NFL hype suckers to fawn over; Rodgers is the better QB talent IMO; unfortunately for him, he doesn't play on the Patriots.
                LOL - Those games were all close is all that says. It takes nothing away from Brady's performances. He passed for over 500 yards in last year's SB and they lost.

                I agree, Rodgers is more talented. I don't agree that he's better. Brady has taken teams with terrible defenses and mediocre supporting casts deep into the playoffs many times now.


                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Easy Rider View Post

                  LOL - Those games were all close is all that says. It takes nothing away from Brady's performances. He passed for over 500 yards in last year's SB and they lost.

                  I agree, Rodgers is more talented. I don't agree that he's better. Brady has taken teams with terrible defenses and mediocre supporting casts deep into the playoffs many times now.

                  you nailed it Easy Rider. Some of the OLs he played behind were second and third stringers because of injuries. That was the case in the Seattle Super Bowl. Brady had to design a game strategy were he had to get rid the ball under 2 and 1/2 seconds. The " legion of doom" put lot's of pressure on Brady but he just seemed to be a split second ahead of them. I still recall loudmouth Sherman helping Brady up at the end of the game and acknowledging the greatness of Tom Brady. Sherman is not generous when it comes to compliments.The Patriots never blew anyone out of the water. In all of there successful Super Bowls it was late second drives that sealed the victories. I don't think you could call any of their defences as great or dominating.Average or below average might be the best description. They did seem to have players who made critical plays at key moments like Malcom Butler's IT or Hightowers hit on Ryan. The Broncos and Seahawks had those dominating type of defences. The rejects and low priced free agents who started performing at high levels once they started playing with Brady is a long list. Welker, Edelman, Woodhead, Troy Brown, Faulk, Blount, Moss, Hogan, Amendola , James White, Lewis are some of those players. It looks like Gordon will become the latest.
                  Last edited by brady; 11-08-2018, 11:18 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    To get a good idea of what the surrounding cast around the two QBs would be to look at how the teams do when each QB is out.

                    The Pats without Brady for a full year went 11-5.
                    The Pack without Rodgers won one game without him last year.

                    The Packers without Rodgers are an absolute tire fire. Even WITH an injured Rodgers this year, their D looks like a nightmare and McCarthy's play calling is a mess.

                    Individually Rodgers > Brady. The Packers are doing a GREAT job at wasting Rodgers by giving him next to nothing.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post

                      Sure, Brady is a great QB; and those SB wins also speak volumes about moron coaching decisions.

                      Seahawks pound the run game in for a TD and they win; Falcons kick a FG instead of getting stuffed, and game over. How would 0 & 3 in the last SB games sound ?

                      GOAT talk is good for a laugh though; what an incredible superstar for NFL hype suckers to fawn over; Rodgers is the better QB talent IMO; unfortunately for him, he doesn't play on the Patriots.
                      Falcons could have kneeled down 3 times and won the Super Bowl lol

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by thedoctormd View Post
                        To get a good idea of what the surrounding cast around the two QBs would be to look at how the teams do when each QB is out.

                        The Pats without Brady for a full year went 11-5.
                        The Pack without Rodgers won one game without him last year.

                        The Packers without Rodgers are an absolute tire fire. Even WITH an injured Rodgers this year, their D looks like a nightmare and McCarthy's play calling is a mess.

                        Individually Rodgers > Brady. The Packers are doing a GREAT job at wasting Rodgers by giving him next to nothing.
                        They also went 3-1 with Jimmy G when Brady was suspended for cheating

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post

                          They also went 3-1 with Jimmy G when Brady was suspended for cheating
                          Jimmy is pretty good himself.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by thedoctormd View Post
                            To get a good idea of what the surrounding cast around the two QBs would be to look at how the teams do when each QB is out.

                            The Pats without Brady for a full year went 11-5.
                            The Pack without Rodgers won one game without him last year.

                            The Packers without Rodgers are an absolute tire fire. Even WITH an injured Rodgers this year, their D looks like a nightmare and McCarthy's play calling is a mess.

                            Individually Rodgers > Brady. The Packers are doing a GREAT job at wasting Rodgers by giving him next to nothing.
                            Flynn got 480 yards passing a team record when he filled in for an injured Rodgers.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post

                              Falcons could have kneeled down 3 times and won the Super Bowl lol
                              Every close game is full of what it's after the game. If Brady doesn't get the ball knocked out of his hand the Eaglees might have bit the dust. If a wide open Weller doesn't drop a pass, or if Manning didn't get 2 miracle catches Brady might have 8 Super Bowl rings. Fact is you have to get to the Super Bowl to win one. I also recall a division final against the Broncos in which they lost by 1 point. Twice Bellchick gambled inside the 10 yard line and failed. One FG would have sent them to the Super Bowl.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by brady View Post

                                Flynn got 480 yards passing a team record when he filled in for an injured Rodgers.
                                And lead the team to a blistering 8-7-1

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X