Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browns HC vacancy, maybe Jones or Dickenson ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns HC vacancy, maybe Jones or Dickenson ?

With the Browns already firing their head coach for the umpteenth time it got me thinking that they may need to cast a wide net to get a new coach. Would Dave Dickenson, or in my opinion Chris Jones make the transition to the NFL. Thoughts?

If their first 20 options turn them down, maybe.
    Teaching your father how to kiss since 1996.

Comment

Never in a million years. Dickinson and Jones have absolutely zero coaching experience down there. Trestman was an ex-NFL coach so that's why he got the chance and we all know how that turned out.

Comment

As far as the OP - LOL no, just no - but as to the actual news, anyone surprised that Gregg Williams, the main guy in Bounty Gate, who was paying players to intentionally injure opponents, got the interim job?

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post
          As far as the OP - LOL no, just no - but as to the actual news, anyone surprised that Gregg Williams, the main guy in Bounty Gate, who was paying players to intentionally injure opponents, got the interim job?
          Any other league I'd say yes but in a league where coaching creativity is minimal at best, I'm surprised they didn't bring Jeff Fischer in.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith in BC View Post
            With the Browns already firing their head coach for the umpteenth time it got me thinking that they may need to cast a wide net to get a new coach. Would Dave Dickenson, or in my opinion Chris Jones make the transition to the NFL. Thoughts?
            Not many thoughts on this. Because it's not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith in BC View Post
              Not until pigs fly

Comment

ya no. first they can't just leave their jobs, still have a few weeks left at least.

and with no NFL coaching experience they'd be suicidal to give them the HC job right off the bat!
                Alberta boy, Rider fan

Comment

Originally posted by Smeelmyfuut View Post
                  ya no. first they can't just leave their jobs, still have a few weeks left at least.

and with no NFL coaching experience they'd be suicidal to give them the HC job right off the bat!
                  Browns already have an interim coach, the question would be about should they hire them for next season. The answer is still no, but the end of the CFL season would not matter in this scenario the OP has mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post

Any other league I'd say yes but in a league where coaching creativity is minimal at best, I'm surprised they didn't bring Jeff Fischer in.
                    Haha sadly a lot of Browns fans would be happy with 7-9 every year.

Comment

Browns need to get out of a loser mentality
                      Alberta boy, Rider fan

Comment

lol, true I guess if you ignore the stuff that McVey, Pederson, Nagy etc are doing. Or even what an older guy like Reid has going on with Mahomes.

Comment

And they are doing it with minimal motion. The way NFL coaches can create such huge match-up issues just by alignment and scouting is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

lol, true I guess if you ignore the stuff that McVey, Pederson, Nagy etc are doing. Or even what an older guy like Reid has going on with Mahomes.
                            It's a slow process. For every one of those there are 3 Schottenheimers taking charge of OCs and a doomed Belichick disciple waiting.

The most Cleveland thing will be going .500 here on out and and removing the interim tag.
                            Last edited by Danny Barrett Apologist; 10-30-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

It's a slow process. For every one of those there are 3 Schottenheimers taking charge of OCs and a doomed Belichick disciple waiting.
                              On track for passing yards and points this year so no, not that slow. And I am a guy jealous of some of the new coordinators around the league and even though it's working wish Seattle didn't have the run first offence. You have Baltimore and New Orleans using their backup QBs to run gadget plays. The ratio is actually the opposite of what you think it is.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X