Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing football for Adam Rita

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing football for Adam Rita

My nephew played for Adam Rita while he went to high school at Trinity College school in Port Hope, ON.

Here is part of the Q and A between he and I during his recent visit to Grandma’s house:

What made Mr. Rita special?

Mr. Rita would build the playbook at random times, including when he was driving. One time he said that he missed his turn off and ended up going towards Hamilton, because he was busy making plays.

What made him fun to play for?

He always was very good at making plays for specific players on his team, and specific situations of other teams. He would name the plays, according to the main player in the play, for instance, Turks left, and Turks right were the play is called making special use of the player names Turk (me.). It really made your ears perk up when they literally called your name :-). When it was not your turn to be the main focus of a play, you might have instructions as simple as, “just go ahead and someone hit someone.”

How would you rate his caliber?
    He was an offensive guru. He was able to think on the spot, switching one piece of the 12 piece offense of puzzle if it didn’t fit his liking.
    He was even able to fix a route by estimating how many steps you needed to take. Details were very important.

(The rest is on my Facebook CFL [mostly Riders] page...I could post more if anyone is interested—I could also ask more questions, as he is still with us until Monday morning – ask away)

There is also some video clips, but they are in MP4 format and I don’t know how to add them to this.
    Last edited by ROFLMAO; 10-07-2018, 12:52 AM.

Cool. Great read

Comment

Originally posted by the rouge View Post
      Cool. Great read
      Mr Rita seems to be a quality individual.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X