Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running up the score in Minor football

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use to pound everyone by as much as we could....We would literally run the score up on Notre Dame and win by like 70-80-90 points...sure felt good, sticking it to those football playing hockey guys...man they were bad. We would score at will on almost any play
    Last edited by greenale; 10-09-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greenale View Post
      We use to pound everyone by as much as we could....We would literally run the score up on Notre Dame and win by like 70-80-90 points...sure felt good, sticking it to those football playing hockey guys...man they were bad. We would score at will on almost any play
      my father said that when he played football and a team would run the score up intentionally he would go out and try to hurt their star players.

I would NEVER do that nor would I ever condone that sort of action.
      Alberta boy, Rider fan

Comment

Originally posted by Smeelmyfuut View Post

my father said that when he played football and a team would run the score up intentionally he would go out and try to hurt their star players.

I would NEVER do that nor would I ever condone that sort of action.
        unfortunately when we grew up intent to injure was a real thing. I actually had a coach when we were 11-12-13 teach us how to break collar bones. And if Anyone played in Pipers league...well intent to injure was just part of the game

Comment

unfortunately when we grew up intent to injure was a real thing. I actually had a coach when we were 11-12-13 teach us how to break collar bones. And if Anyone played in Pipers league...well intent to injure was just part of the game
          that's disgusting
          Alberta boy, Rider fan

Comment

Who is "we"? I think you think that's normal but it definitely isn't.

Comment

that's disgusting
              yup it is

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Who is "we"? I think you think that's normal but it definitely isn't.
                we would be anyone I grew up with and anyone who played in pipers league so 38-45 years old and earlier was even worse...unless you thought a rider great wearing a cast was just for show. Great if you were not taught such things but to believe it wasn't very much a thing years ago..I can assure you it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                  Thank satan I never grew up in this era
                  Yeah. Me too. I played 4 years of high school football and we were on both sides of the situation. Not much fun getting beat like a rented mule but when your team is on a roll it's a blast.

Of course, when I grew up there were no participation trophies.

Comment

my old high school football team is undefeated

http://htosports.com/teams/default.a...ootball&p=home
                    Last edited by Unityriderguy; 10-14-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

The Unity Warriors arenít doing too bad so far we are third in our league at 3-3
                      Go Warriors!!
                      http://www.unitywarriors.ca/index.html

Comment

Is it right, or sportmanlike for a football team that is clearly the better team to run up the score? Like 70-0 or even 80-0?

What good does this do? What does it teach either team anything about the game by allowing the team's starters to play all game and score basically at will?

I think that coaches who are winning and know they won't lose should be playing back ups and giving their other players opportunities to gain some experience on the field.

or there should be a mercy rule.

either way teams running up the score is very unsportsmanlike in Minor football, especially for young kids.
                        As a former minor coach we played to win but also played everybody. There were some games where the 2nd and 3rd stringers were scoring on every possession. Opposing coaches were upset but still have to stop the team you're playing. Have been on the other end too and getting hammered 58-0 was not fun for any of the players and they really wanted to keep it from happening again

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X