Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Football 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brady View Post

He did out duel TT. Some were saying the same thing about TT not so long ago. Ross made some amazing catches . They said a lot more about Ross than Lawrence. I remember a few years back a QB with Ohio State came from no where to lead OS to the national championship. Many were predicting big things and to the best of my knowledge he went no where. Just the same Lawrence did strike as a very gifted and cool customer . I think TT has a very bright future as well. The Clemson DC did an amazing job on TT. I am sure TT will be replaying that game over a hundred times during the off season.
    Cardale Jones wasn't a true Freshman. He also won the job due to injury and lost it the next season. Lawrence flat out beat the QB that took Clemson to the #1 seed last season. Tua is likely a lock for #1 QB taken next year and they also return all key skill players. We are 90% likely to see if Tua can beat Venables D and if Lawrence can shred 5 stars like they're a FCS team in 360ish days.
    Please be my new father.

Comment

• IIRC Cardale Jones was nowhere near the passer Lawrence is showing right now. It's not like Lawrence is some sort of fluke who came out of nowhere either. He was the #1 rated prospect coming out of high school and was already considered one of the best QB prospects ever at that time. So far he's fulfilling his potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post

Cardale Jones wasn't a true Freshman. He also won the job due to injury and lost it the next season. Lawrence flat out beat the QB that took Clemson to the #1 seed last season. Tua is likely a lock for #1 QB taken next year and they also return all key skill players. We are 90% likely to see if Tua can beat Venables D and if Lawrence can shred 5 stars like they're a FCS team in 360ish days.
        Justin Herbert out of Oregon is more likely to be drafter ahead of Tua next year. Bigger, stronger, more traditional drop back passer. Not saying Herbert will be a better pro, but he seems to be more suited to be drafted higher. That being said, seeing any QB from Alabama being a top flight prospect is pretty strange to see.

Lawrence just blew me away. I was fully expecting a few mistakes given his age and being a true freshman, but the kid just was incredible. So fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by footballisgood View Post

Justin Herbert out of Oregon is more likely to be drafter ahead of Tua next year. Bigger, stronger, more traditional drop back passer. Not saying Herbert will be a better pro, but he seems to be more suited to be drafted higher. That being said, seeing any QB from Alabama being a top flight prospect is pretty strange to see.

Lawrence just blew me away. I was fully expecting a few mistakes given his age and being a true freshman, but the kid just was incredible. So fun to watch.
          Herbert has the helpful "intangibles" (read "not tan") that NFL scouts love so yeah he probably will be taken ahead. He's very nice too.
          Please be my new father.

Comment

Herbert has the helpful "intangibles" (read "not tan") that NFL scouts love so yeah he probably will be taken ahead. He's very nice too.
            He's 6'6'' and about 250 as well and can move. He could be blue and he would still be a top prospect, but yeah, that "intanglible" doesn't hurt either (I feel so slimy typing that out though).

Comment

• Originally posted by footballisgood View Post

He's 6'6'' and about 250 as well and can move. He could be blue and he would still be a top prospect, but yeah, that "intanglible" doesn't hurt either (I feel so slimy typing that out though).
              It's not our fault it's true. Watching Tua drop to the 2nd round because hes "short", "athleticism could lead to durability issues", "possible better at another position" while whatever 6'5" generic ACC QB rockets up to a top 10 pick over handshake firmness and his ability to overthrow a QB by 15 yards is going to rule.
              Please be my new father.

Comment

It's not our fault it's true. Watching Tua drop to the 2nd round because hes "short", "athleticism could lead to durability issues", "possible better at another position" while whatever 6'5" generic ACC QB rockets up to a top 10 pick over handshake firmness and his ability to overthrow a QB by 15 yards is going to rule.
                Like the people suggesting Lamar Jackson enter the draft as a WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

Like the people suggesting Lamar Jackson enter the draft as a WR.
                  He needs the ball in his hands to make plays was something said by someone who is paid to scout football players yet unaware a QB handles the ball every play.

Josh Allen is tall tho...
                  Please be my new father.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X