Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U of R Rams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lerriuqs View Post

Meh. How do you justify something different than the other cases in the past that were basically the same issue? I donít see how to can make that change on the fly. If thatís the new approach itís got to be discussed and agreed upon by all involved.
    What you say makes sense, but let me throw something into the discussion.

Said player is now eligible. To me, that says he earned enough credit hours during this academic year to date to be eligible.

It would be fair, using USports' own argument, to make subsequent wins eligible. So when exactly did he become eligible?

i know that if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. Just speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

What you say makes sense, but let me throw something into the discussion.

Said player is now eligible. To me, that says he earned enough credit hours during this academic year to date to be eligible.

It would be fair, using USports' own argument, to make subsequent wins eligible. So when exactly did he become eligible?

i know that if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. Just speculating.
      Accordingly to Ballsy on the Wolf, THIS SITE FINALLY HAS A BALLSY SAID, God help us all, the player was short 1 class when he transferred up here from the States to be elgible. As part of the appeal, USports gave him a "compassionate" waiver allowing him to play the rest of the year. Without that, he would still be inelgible. If the university would have made that appeal at the beginning of the year, it probably would have worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by footballisgood View Post

Accordingly to Ballsy on the Wolf, THIS SITE FINALLY HAS A BALLSY SAID, God help us all, the player was short 1 class when he transferred up here from the States to be elgible. As part of the appeal, USports gave him a "compassionate" waiver allowing him to play the rest of the year. Without that, he would still be inelgible. If the university would have made that appeal at the beginning of the year, it probably would have worked out.
        But it sounds like the university didn't realize it until after 5 games were played. Somehow, someone noticed and notified USports, made the appeal, and the team was sanctioned.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

But it sounds like the university didn't realize it until after 5 games were played. Somehow, someone noticed and notified USports, made the appeal, and the team was sanctioned.
          Woodsy said rumour is that another team combed through the Rams roster after losing to them, found the error and then went to the Rams. Then the Rams took it to Usports. But who knows if there is any truth to that.
          Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Woodsy said rumour is that another team combed through the Rams roster after losing to them, found the error and then went to the Rams. Then the Rams took it to Usports. But who knows if there is any truth to that.
            Can another university look at the players transcripts though? That would be where the shortage of credit hours would be found. Unless the kid applied to both of the schools and they had a copy of his old transcripts??

Comment

Originally posted by footballisgood View Post

Can another university look at the players transcripts though? That would be where the shortage of credit hours would be found. Unless the kid applied to both of the schools and they had a copy of his old transcripts??
              I don't know I'm not sure. Woodsy brought it up so who knows if its true or not.

One thing that is not in dispute is the Rams didn't do anything wrong and followed all protocols correctly
              Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

I don't know I'm not sure. Woodsy brought it up so who knows if its true or not.

One thing that is not in dispute is the Rams didn't do anything wrong and followed all protocols correctly
                The only thing the Rams may need to do better in the future is ensure that they tell the out of country players what they need academically to be elgible. The whole thing sucks really.

Comment

Rumor

can anyone confirm this

heard the U of R did a search of Ram locker room - searching for evidence to support the existence of a "U of R girls I'd like to do" list and female staff walked in on two players showering

may be BS

Comment

Originally posted by Rotor View Post
                    Rumor

can anyone confirm this

heard the U of R did a search of Ram locker room - searching for evidence to support the existence of a "U of R girls I'd like to do" list and female staff walked in on two players showering

may be BS
                    Check Ballsy's Twitter page for the details. @ballsy72

Comment

Originally posted by Rotor View Post
                      Rumor

can anyone confirm this

may be BS
                      Even if this list did in fact exist, are we really surprised from a bunch of university aged football players?

Comment

Originally posted by thebulldog14 View Post

Even if this list did in fact exist, are we really surprised from a bunch of university aged football players?
                        and did the Dean think it was going to be a written list they kept in the locker room? How 1980's lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X