Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post
    Green Bay interviewing Pagano and Caldwell. The strategy of "fire HC without any actual plan in place for replacement" is a bold one.
    I am amazed that with the abundance of fresh new talent available that they would bother with these two former coaches .

Comment

• Originally posted by brady View Post

I am amazed that with the abundance of fresh new talent available that they would bother with these two former coaches .
      I just read an article (https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/27/nf...olphins-ravens) where the coaching talent pool is considered thin right now and that is why some teams like Tampa Bay may be reconsidering coaching changes at this point. It's also the reason why Baltimore is retaining Harbaugh and considering an extension.
      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I just read an article (https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/27/nf...olphins-ravens) where the coaching talent pool is considered thin right now and that is why some teams like Tampa Bay may be reconsidering coaching changes at this point. It's also the reason why Baltimore is retaining Harbaugh and considering an extension.
        This might be case but a lot of the good coaches were unknowns until they got their chance. Selecting a HC is a crap shoot. I am sure management is confident on the day they sign that coach. I think the Packers make a mistake if they go with either these two. There has been a lot of rumours on who will be the HC in Cleveland. Given the progress with the interim coach I think their choice should be Williams.

Comment

• I would think the OC for the Chiefs will be in demand. Reid seems to be a very good mentor for good coaches.

Comment

This might be case but a lot of the good coaches were unknowns until they got their chance. Selecting a HC is a crap shoot. I am sure management is confident on the day they sign that coach. I think the Packers make a mistake if they go with either these two. There has been a lot of rumours on who will be the HC in Cleveland. Given the progress with the interim coach I think their choice should be Williams.
            The key for the Browns is that the play of Mayfield has made them an attractive place to go, which must feel weird for that team.

Comment

• Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

The key for the Browns is that the play of Mayfield has made them an attractive place to go, which must feel weird for that team.
              Do you think the Browns will replace the interim coach? given their dismal history I think they would be making a big mistake. Williams has earned the job.

Comment

• @mortreport
                Marcua Mariota not expected to play tonight for Titans vs. Colts in AFC South game in which winner advances to playoffs. Mariota's "stinger" puts him at risk for further damage, per sources. Blaine Gabbert expected to start. More to come on @ESPN and Sunday NFL Countdown.

Comment

Do you think the Browns will replace the interim coach? given their dismal history I think they would be making a big mistake. Williams has earned the job.
                  williams has earned the job but bountygate will always hover over him

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Anger View Post

williams has earned the job but bountygate will always hover over him
                    I agree . Winning helps to over look this?

Comment

I would think the OC for the Chiefs will be in demand. Reid seems to be a very good mentor for good coaches.
                      Its tough if you're making 2 or 3 mill a year would you want the headache to be a head coach of a dumpster fire team for the extra couple of mill means more stress and unless you win you are fired after a year(or2)

Comment

• sorry if this is a rant but i need to - this month of December has been very trying for me both personally and professionally....good friend and coworker Brad Maurer passes away, super high stress at work, sister attempted suicide again, my favorite uncle and a good friend of the family both diagnosed with cancer at the beginning of the month - only to both pass away on boxing day, and an aunt passed away on the 27th - all 3 had a lot left to give in this world...to sit at home alone and watch NFL football all day today has been a great escape for me...I really appreciate this game of football...ex CFLer Inman with the touchdown

Comment

• Georgie Boy Kittle , of the 9ers passed the record for yardage by a TE set in 2011 by Bronk. The record was broken previously this day by Kelce .

The 9ers were trailing with 2 minutes left in the game and the Rams gambled on 4th down loosing possession. Thus giving the 9ers one more offensive chance to the 9ers to break the record.

Boom ....pass complete to 85 for a TD and the record .

Highlife of the season.
                          Something to build upon.

Comment

• I know it will be a trendy pick in the off-season and pre-season next year but I can see the Browns winning that division. After seeing what that Ravens did to shut down the Chargers and slow down the Chiefs recently I was impressed by what Mayfield did today

Comment

• Bucs, Packers, Cards, Jets, Browns?, probably Broncos.

It's blood day for coaches. Best time of the year. Since college is regressing to boring retread highers, all I want is Lincoln Riley and Neal Brown to go somewhere nice (Brown won't but he deserves it) and for Josh McDaniels to fail spectacularly wherever he lands.

Edit: I also want Marvin Lewis to never leave.
                              Please be my new father.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post
                                Bucs, Packers, Cards, Jets, Browns?, probably Broncos.

It's blood day for coaches. Best time of the year. Since college is regressing to boring retread highers, all I want is Lincoln Riley and Neal Brown to go somewhere nice (Brown won't but he deserves it) and for Josh McDaniels to fail spectacularly wherever he lands.

Edit: I also want Marvin Lewis to never leave.
                                I'm not even hearing McDaniels name this year in rumours. Maybe after last year's fiasco noone will touch him.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X