Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by go riders View Post

    I think you mean Canadians, not ex-CFLers. Pasztor and Urban haven't played in the CFL.
    I have heard people saying the CFL should rid themselves from the Canadian ratio. The rational seems to be that American talent is superior. It's interesting that close to 20 of the players in the NFL
    with a Canadian connection are Canadians. And many are starters.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by brady View Post

      I have heard people saying the CFL should rid themselves from the Canadian ratio. The rational seems to be that American talent is superior. It's interesting that close to 20 of the players in the NFL
      with a Canadian connection are Canadians. And many are starters.
      There are roughly 1700 active roster players. That's not even 1.5% of the NFL. Not exactly a feather in the cap.
      Please be my new father.

      Comment


      • titans skins game was a good one to watch, go ravens tonight

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post

          There are roughly 1700 active roster players. That's not even 1.5% of the NFL. Not exactly a feather in the cap.
          I figure 9 of the Canadians are starters. EX-CFLers might be 4 or 5 starters. Quality is always better over quantity.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sprout View Post

            Thanks .I added them to my list, all except Mehdi Abdesmad who retired in June.

            Brett Jones C 51 CGY Minnesota Vikings On Roster
            Brent Urban DE 96 N/A Baltimore Ravens On Roster
            Louis-Philippe Ladouceur LS 91 N/A Dallas Cowboys On Roster
            T.J. Jones WR 13 N/A Detroit Lions On Roster
            Luke Wilson TE 82 N/A Detroit Lions On Roster
            Tom Johnson a DT with the Vikings is another one.

            Comment


            • Sigh. I need points from Rivers. This is painful

              Comment


              • Originally posted by brady View Post

                I figure 9 of the Canadians are starters. EX-CFLers might be 4 or 5 starters. Quality is always better over quantity.
                So of the 704 starting roster spots (I'm not including punters or kickers) a solid 1% is Canadian. I'm not sure how this helps whatever inane point you are trying to make yet again.
                Please be my new father.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post

                  If only there was a way to not watch it and avoid talking about it, but alas we must be subjected to more about how little you care about the NFL.
                  I don't understand your tone that is frankly, kind of nasty. Why should it matter at all to you if I post a few lines here and there?

                  Comment


                  • Sigh can we leave this to just talking NFL

                    Comment


                    • After watching the Ravens shutting down the Chargers and the Chiefs getting into the high 20s my opinion is you need a QB who is mobile and can make the as lib plays to beat that D. Otherwise they combine covering and pass rush too well.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                        After watching the Ravens shutting down the Chargers and the Chiefs getting into the high 20s my opinion is you need a QB who is mobile and can make the as lib plays to beat that D. Otherwise they combine covering and pass rush too well.
                        Lamar is going to be very good.
                        Please be my new father.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post

                          So of the 704 starting roster spots (I'm not including punters or kickers) a solid 1% is Canadian. I'm not sure how this helps whatever inane point you are trying to make yet again.
                          My point is simple. There are more starting Canadians in the NFL than there are exCFL imports. Just may-be Canadians can play the game as well. You have a tendency to get nasty and to take on people personally. It's Christmas time try being a little humble and gentle .

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sprout View Post

                            I don't understand your tone that is frankly, kind of nasty. Why should it matter at all to you if I post a few lines here and there?
                            I concur. It doesn't take much to get a nasty ,personal response from some posters. Would be nice if we could get beyond grade school responses and keep the debate and discussion civil.

                            Comment


                            • Saints Steelers as good as advertised

                              Comment


                              • If you like some great football there has been some great ones this season. The Steelers/Saints KC/ Patriots Rams/Chiefs Rams /Saints Chargers/Chiefs Steelers /Chargers Eagles/ Texans and a lot more. If anyone says the NFL is boring they haven't been watching these games.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X