Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

Goat is an acronym for Greatest Of All Time
    Ah yes I see now the relavence thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Polyphemus View Post

I donít watch NFL until after the Grey Cup. Obviously Iím not a rabid fan of the American game. Yesterday was a snooze fest and Iím sticking to that opinion.
      the Falcon/Pat game. the Seahawk /Patriot game and the Eagle/ PAT game were all very high scoring and came down to last second dramatics . This game was an outlier and we had some of them from time to time in the CFL. I don't think anyone saw this game turning into a defensive epic.Very few flags were tossed and the defences were getting away with a lot of very aggressive and borderline coverages. Likewise in terms of QB protection.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by brady View Post

the Falcon/Pat game. the Seahawk /Patriot game and the Eagle/ PAT game were all very high scoring and came down to last second dramatics . This game was an outlier and we had some of them from time to time in the CFL. I don't think anyone saw this game turning into a defensive epic.Very few flags were tossed and the defences were getting away with a lot of very aggressive and borderline coverages. Likewise in terms of QB protection.
          To put it in CFL terms, watching only the Super Bowl and concluding the NFL is boring would be the same as only watching the Oct Rider game in Calgary and concluding that Zac Collaros had a great year.

Comment

• Kareem Hunt signed by Cleveland

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post
              Kareem Hunt signed by Cleveland
              Disgusting.

Comment

Kareem Hunt signed by Cleveland
                Cream Hunt ...snicker

Comment

• Originally posted by footballisgood View Post

Disgusting.
                  Agreed. Iím all for second chances, but he doesnít deserve to make millions.

Most believe heíll be suspended most of if not all next season before being cleared to play

Comment

• I thought Dolphins but Flacco and the Broncos all gushy with one another on Valentines day. Keenum....snicker

Comment

Agreed. Iím all for second chances, but he doesnít deserve to make millions.

Most believe heíll be suspended most of if not all next season before being cleared to play
                      once he is finished with his legal penalties I see no reason why he shouldn't get a second chance. Does it mean that people who have made a stupid mistake cannot have a chance to correct themselves? I would expect a suspension similar to Elliots . He has already missed half a season.

Comment

• Kyer Murray. Will he cut it in the NFL? Size seems to be the big negative. I figure he has some real positives. Arm strength , quick release, accuracy, smarts and speed are some of them. Curious how Flutie would rate Murray. I like the kid so I am in his corner.

Comment

once he is finished with his legal penalties I see no reason why he shouldn't get a second chance. Does it mean that people who have made a stupid mistake cannot have a chance to correct themselves? I would expect a suspension similar to Elliots . He has already missed half a season.
                          Iíd expect higher than Elliott, at least 8 games if not a full year suspension

Comment

Iíd expect higher than Elliott, at least 8 games if not a full year suspension
                            That sounds about right. A lot depends on the circumstances of the assault. Their almost always two sides to any case. I do recall a football agent talking about this issue. He gives his players very specific instructions. If you ever encounter a hostile situation with a female you always turn away and walk away in the opposite direction. Some of these guys don't rate high on the good judgement scale.

Comment

That sounds about right. A lot depends on the circumstances of the assault. Their almost always two sides to any case. I do recall a football agent talking about this issue. He gives his players very specific instructions. If you ever encounter a hostile situation with a female you always turn away and walk away in the opposite direction. Some of these guys don't rate high on the good judgement scale.
                              The thing with Zeke was that it was a he said she said and nothing was proven in court yet he still got 6 games

there is actual footage of hunt kicking a girl laying on the ground - he is going to get a far more severe penalty

i tend to give benefit of the doubt to athletes because people definitely target them for financial gain, but with the video out there, I hope hunt sees a significant penalty

Comment

The thing with Zeke was that it was a he said she said and nothing was proven in court yet he still got 6 games

there is actual footage of hunt kicking a girl laying on the ground - he is going to get a far more severe penalty

i tend to give benefit of the doubt to athletes because people definitely target them for financial gain, but with the video out there, I hope hunt sees a significant penalty
                                Zeke might be lucky that there wasn't a video. I understand that the video isn't good but it is a far cry from the Ray Rice footage. The league is taking a long time to investigate this matter.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X