Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Super Bowl 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigmac1967 View Post

Wouldn't you actually have to watch a CFL game to know this?
    I for one am glad his "commentary" doesn't leak into the Rider threads.

Comment

• Well the Malcolm Butler statement was so vague that I thought I heard the Law and Order theme as I read it

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

I for one am glad his "commentary" doesn't leak into the Rider threads.
        Very true.

Comment

• Eagles parade on line..Thursday

There is also an livestream Earthcam set up at the Franklin Institute, so you can watch the parade come down the Parkway from a birdís-eye view, without commentary.

They should have a greased pole climbing exhibition / contest as well
          Last edited by regina; 02-07-2018, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regina View Post
            Eagles parade on line

There is also an livestream Earthcam set up at the Franklin Institute, so you can watch the parade come down the Parkway from a birdís-eye view, without commentary.

They should have a greased pole climbing exhibition / contest as well
            Thanks! More details for the Thursday parade are here: http://wnep.com/2018/02/06/eagles-vi...-need-to-know/

Comment

• They are estimating a million plus in humans witnessing said event . Very Cub like numbers when the World Champion Cubbies won the World Series a short time ago. That parade along with the Bruins parade in 2011 were the best celebrations ever . Just waiting on those 9ers for the trifactor.

Comment

• Originally posted by brady View Post

you have to be kidding. Brady has something like 20 plus games were he marched his team to winning scores with seconds left of the clock. You haven't watched people like Unitias, Montana,Elway and Peyton Manning. The extra down gives the great QBs an extra chance. You aren't backing up your opinions with any facts.
                Ok. Let's take this back a few notches.

There is nothing in my opinion that disagrees with what you said. But, it is one thing in American gridiron football to be losing and have the ball in the last remaining seconds, and to be winning (with the other team without any time outs) in the last 2 minutes.

I have seen many comebacks in the former example and many walks off the field with time on the clock with the latter.

The Canadian rules make the last few minutes more unpredictable.

And you are allowed to disagree, but I prefer the Canadian game. I still watch football on all levels. I just enjoy the CFL best of all... then college ball... then NFL.

I'm not going to get defensive about the CFL being the perfect game. It's not. It has definite flaws. But the NFL is also flawed and that is ok, too.

But you came in here and made accusations toward me that were wrong because you didn't bother ask me about the context of my comment. You assumed incorrect things and then made it my issue.

I'll let it slide because I made similar wrong assumptions in a different conversation in the past. I learned from it, apologized to that person and took a long hard look at how I responded to people online. But, that's just me. You do you.

Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batcow View Post

Ok. Let's take this back a few notches.

There is nothing in my opinion that disagrees with what you said. But, it is one thing in American gridiron football to be losing and have the ball in the last remaining seconds, and to be winning (with the other team without any time outs) in the last 2 minutes.

I have seen many comebacks in the former example and many walks off the field with time on the clock with the latter.

The Canadian rules make the last few minutes more unpredictable.

And you are allowed to disagree, but I prefer the Canadian game. I still watch football on all levels. I just enjoy the CFL best of all... then college ball... then NFL.

I'm not going to get defensive about the CFL being the perfect game. It's not. It has definite flaws. But the NFL is also flawed and that is ok, too.

But you came in here and made accusations toward me that were wrong because you didn't bother ask me about the context of my comment. You assumed incorrect things and then made it my issue.

I'll let it slide because I made similar wrong assumptions in a different conversation in the past. I learned from it, apologized to that person and took a long hard look at how I responded to people online. But, that's just me. You do you.

Cheers.
                  well we have to disagree. The last two minutes is a lot of time in both leagues.. The Saints and Case Keenan can attest to that. Great QBs can do a lot of damage in the final 2 minutes whether it is he CFL or NFL.

Comment

well we have to disagree. The last two minutes is a lot of time in both leagues.. The Saints and Case Keenan can attest to that. Great QBs can do a lot of damage in the final 2 minutes whether it is he CFL or NFL.
                    Excitement in the last two minutes in the NFL is almost totally dependent upon whether the trailing team has timeouts left or not. If they don't, and the opposition has the ball, the game is over. Its victory formation with 2 minutes remaining. In the CFL, two minutes is lots of time whether you have any timeouts left or even if the opposition has the ball. With a stop you still get another opportunity on offence.
                    Visit www.ginsu.com for all of your Roughrider fan needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Excitement in the last two minutes in the NFL is almost totally dependent upon whether the trailing team has timeouts left or not. If they don't, and the opposition has the ball, the game is over. Its victory formation with 2 minutes remaining. In the CFL, two minutes is lots of time whether you have any timeouts left or even if the opposition has the ball. With a stop you still get another opportunity on offence.
                      you are correct on that point. Managing timeouts is a big part of the USA game. Well prepared teams and great coaches don't waste their timeouts. I have seen very poor clock management in the CFL. The game we lost early in the season to Montreal comes to mind. We were at our 40 with about a minute and 30 seconds and we got about 4 plays in before we tried a 40 yard field goal and missed. I thought we should have got at least 2 more plays in. I still think a lot depends on the coaching and the QB. I am pretty sure Ray would have gotten a couple of more plays in.

Comment

you are correct on that point. Managing timeouts is a big part of the USA game. Well prepared teams and great coaches don't waste their timeouts. I have seen very poor clock management in the CFL. The game we lost early in the season to Montreal comes to mind. We were at our 40 with about a minute and 30 seconds and we got about 4 plays in before we tried a 40 yard field goal and missed. I thought we should have got at least 2 more plays in. I still think a lot depends on the coaching and the QB. I am pretty sure Ray would have gotten a couple of more plays in.
                        I think Glenn left do his own devices would have gotten another couple of plays in. He was furious at how long that took. I guess 5 yards and every possession are more valuable in the NFL, but I have sometimes wondered if teams should take the 5 yard delay of game vs wasting a time out, particularly early in game and especially on non-third down plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

I think Glenn left do his own devices would have gotten another couple of plays in. He was furious at how long that took. I guess 5 yards and every possession are more valuable in the NFL, but I have sometimes wondered if teams should take the 5 yard delay of game vs wasting a time out, particularly early in game and especially on non-third down plays.
                          In the first half of an NFL game, I'd argue that the 5 yards is more important than a time out

Comment

• Pick your battles small enough to win but big enough to matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by kobyisland View Post
                              No picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

The worst for me is 3rd and 10+, when they are not going to move the sticks anyways.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X