No announcement yet.

Regina Riot (one of your last chances)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regina Riot (one of your last chances)

The Regina Riot play their season opener today at old Mosaic Stadium, it'll be one of your last chances to see the place

http://www.rodpedersen.com/2017/05/r...on-sunday.html

Thank you for the thread! Here is a quick article on the game!

http://leaderpost.com/sports/local-s...unding-victory

Comment

When do the Valkyries play in Regina? I might be up for coming down to support the Valks and check out Mosaic Stadium one last time.

Comment

Sunday, May 21st the Valkryries visit the Riot at old Mosaic. 7:30 pm kickoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
          When do the Valkyries play in Regina? I might be up for coming down to support the Valks and check out Mosaic Stadium one last time.
          Will you be there this weekend? Should be a great game at SMF under the lights. Cannot wait for Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachKris View Post

Will you be there this weekend? Should be a great game at SMF under the lights. Cannot wait for Saturday night.
            I am kicking it around. But it runs head to head with the Rush's first playoff game. If only it was a Saturday afternoon game, then I would be there for sure. If they had free WiFi at SMF, I'd go for sure. Bring headphones and listen to the Rush game and watch the Valks game.

Edit: Haha I am an idiot the game is on the radio in Saskatoon. I am so used to everything streaming these days that I forgot a conventional radio can pick up the broadcast.

Comment

I am kicking it around. But it runs head to head with the Rush's first playoff game. If only it was a Saturday afternoon game, then I would be there for sure. If they had free WiFi at SMF, I'd go for sure. Bring headphones and listen to the Rush game and watch the Valks game.

Edit: Haha I am an idiot the game is on the radio in Saskatoon. I am so used to everything streaming these days that I forgot a conventional radio can pick up the broadcast.
              I'm a big fan of night games, but I know typically afternoon games are easier to get to. Nothing like a game under the lights though. I haven't checked the weather report yet but hopefully its better than the games last year where we had long delays.

Comment

I'm a big fan of night games, but I know typically afternoon games are easier to get to. Nothing like a game under the lights though. I haven't checked the weather report yet but hopefully its better than the games last year where we had long delays.
                For the WWCFL, I like night games. It gets dicey with the Riders and the Huskies though. Count me as someone who in late October would prefer the afternoon to the evening (most years). As a player, I always liked the night games. Except I grew up in Saskatoon, before they did anything to improve Gordie Howe Bowl. The poles holding the light standards were rotten and the City couldn't change the burnt out lightbulbs. I played DLine in high school and I kid you not, the lighting was so bad that when the other team had their QB in the shotgun, I couldn't see him in the dark. Suffice to say, I didn't have many sacks playing in those games. I always preferred the 5 PM games as the season went on, you usually had enough sunlight left that even by the 4th Quarter the QB was visible in the shotgun. That was also in the days where by mid-September the field was just dirt. I was glad we wore blue jerseys as a rule as we played in one game where it had rained (or maybe snowed even) that afternoon and the dirt was basically a mud bowl. The other team was wearing white and I had heard they couldn't get their jerseys clean after the game, the school had to order a new set of jerseys.

Current teams that play at Saskatoon Minor Football Field have no idea how good they have it. I assume the dressing rooms even have heat now and don't smell like a mixture of stale urine and old hockey equipment. I remember playing one late season game where we didn't have any water on the sidelines. Gordie Howe Bowl had no hot water and it was too cold out to keep the water they did have from freezing. Looking back, we almost would have been better off just playing games at the fields at the schools, like the junior teams did.

Comment

For the WWCFL, I like night games. It gets dicey with the Riders and the Huskies though. Count me as someone who in late October would prefer the afternoon to the evening (most years). As a player, I always liked the night games. Except I grew up in Saskatoon, before they did anything to improve Gordie Howe Bowl. The poles holding the light standards were rotten and the City couldn't change the burnt out lightbulbs. I played DLine in high school and I kid you not, the lighting was so bad that when the other team had their QB in the shotgun, I couldn't see him in the dark. Suffice to say, I didn't have many sacks playing in those games. I always preferred the 5 PM games as the season went on, you usually had enough sunlight left that even by the 4th Quarter the QB was visible in the shotgun. That was also in the days where by mid-September the field was just dirt. I was glad we wore blue jerseys as a rule as we played in one game where it had rained (or maybe snowed even) that afternoon and the dirt was basically a mud bowl. The other team was wearing white and I had heard they couldn't get their jerseys clean after the game, the school had to order a new set of jerseys.

Current teams that play at Saskatoon Minor Football Field have no idea how good they have it. I assume the dressing rooms even have heat now and don't smell like a mixture of stale urine and old hockey equipment. I remember playing one late season game where we didn't have any water on the sidelines. Gordie Howe Bowl had no hot water and it was too cold out to keep the water they did have from freezing. Looking back, we almost would have been better off just playing games at the fields at the schools, like the junior teams did.
                  Sounds very similar to how it used to be at Leibel field here in Regina. used to just be basically a "grass" field( half of it was dirt) and a couple of rusty bleachers for people to sit in. Now it is one of the most beautiful places to watch football. I always love going to the new SMF field. It's a great place to play and coach. And thankfully for tomorrow night supposedly it cuts the wind down a fair amount.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how the Bowl looks once the seats from Mosaic are installed. Pretty much nothing of the original place will be left at that point.

Comment

http://globalnews.ca/news/3450760/re...dian-football/

Few highlights from last nights game. (Not the best choices for highlights but oh well)

Comment

http://globalnews.ca/news/3450760/re...dian-football/

Few highlights from last nights game. (Not the best choices for highlights but oh well)
                        That was from Global Saskatoon's broadcast, so that is partially why the highlights were as they were.

I didn't make it out to the game (and it appears based on the result its a good thing). Out of curiosity, does the WWCFL have opposite jersey colour rules for home and away than the CFL? I noticed the Valks wear white at home which is opposite of how the CFL does it. Then again, I suppose it could be simply the Valks prefer it. I like the look of their whites.

Comment

That was from Global Saskatoon's broadcast, so that is partially why the highlights were as they were.

I didn't make it out to the game (and it appears based on the result its a good thing). Out of curiosity, does the WWCFL have opposite jersey colour rules for home and away than the CFL? I noticed the Valks wear white at home which is opposite of how the CFL does it. Then again, I suppose it could be simply the Valks prefer it. I like the look of their whites.
                          Most if not all teams only have one set of jerseys. It is league mandated that all jerseys must be distinguishable from the others. The Valks white ones are nice. I am extremely pleased with how our new jerseys turned out
                          for the Riot. Click image for larger version

Name:	18423094_10155079334371970_5661997907842567002_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	19268

Comment

Home game this Sunday night against the Valkyries. Trying to win home field for the playoffs. 7:30pm at Old Mosaic, $10 tickets and 12-under get in free!

Click image for larger version

Name:	18402163_1295919030463984_2337709500732545983_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	21522

Comment

1pm today June 4th, the Regina Riot play the Saskatoon Valkyries at old Mosaic Stadium. Probaly the last game ever in their if your interested.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X