No announcement yet.

Roster up for BC game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Glenn will have a short leash this week. No way am I putting losses on him, because he has played well. I have liked what he has done, but Toronto showed their only real life last night when they changed things up to a mobile QB. Bridge seemed to have increased looks.

Comment

Originally posted by painter View Post

Demski played well when he got his chance early in the season, before he got nicked up [B]and at practice on Thursday he looked good making some nice finger tip grabs.{/B]
      Really good to hear.

Comment

pretty sure Dargan is out because he is injured. I thought he has been pretty good so far on D.

Comment

Originally posted by steve w View Post

Can Demaki become as good as Anthony Coombs? That's who he reminds me of...
          Interesting. Wasn't the reason Demski switched to receiver at U of M because he wasn't going to beat out Coombs for the RB job?
          Keep them sammiches coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Radford?
            He has played quite well on specials & with two starting Cdn. WRs I think you need him on as a backup

Comment

Originally posted by ranmyl View Post
              I would of been for taking Bartel out. He sits near the bottom of the CFL Stats. It is an area to be improved and we may as well see if vG can kick,
              Except QVG is injured (hence Crapigna's return)

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Demski takes a whipping here, and some of it is definitely justified for his uncertainty at times, but I think he's worth developing and (hopefully) hanging onto long term. At the same time, this is really an opportunity for him so I hope he takes advantage of it. With Clark 6 gamed we may be going with Bagg and Demski for a few games here and if he's playing that field SB then he should get some decent targets. Interesting note on Demski, he's in his third year and he's only 23. He was the youngest player in the CFL in 2015. People need to keep that in mind IMO. I am also really looking forward to seeing what he does.
                Well said. If we were to give up on him now and he went on to be a star elsewhere, you could add him to the list with Adarius Bowman and Jamal Richardson (early in his career). Andy Fantuz would've suffered the same fate in his 2nd season with us

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Klink View Post

He has played quite well on specials & with two starting Cdn. WRs I think you need him on as a backup
                  For real. #14 has looked great on special teams

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone View Post

22 NATS and 21 INTs listed on the 46. 1 of each will have to be scratched. With 8 DL, 9 receivers and only 7 OL on the 46 one would think the OL would be the least likely place to sit someone. It would leave Jones down to 1 rookie to backup the whole OL.
                    My guess for scratches would be JSJ and one of Ratelle or Antigba. Would like to see Ratelle on the roster just to see what he can do.

Some people like to lament the JSJ pick as a bust (too early to make that assertion, IMHO) but few are giving props to our 2nd round pick Bladek. He has consistently been the 6th OL on the roster, plays short yardage on both the O and D side of the ball, played in BC last week when Dan Clark went down and acquitted himself well. He appears to have that nice nasty streak that you like in an OL.

As an aside, did you see the struggles Matt Vonk had for the Als last night? I'm glad him and Cory Watman are playing elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ranmyl View Post
                      I would of been for taking Bartel out. He sits near the bottom of the CFL Stats. It is an area to be improved and we may as well see if vG can kick,
                      Bartel hit punts inside the BC `10 yard line 4 times last week, so I dont think you take into account how well placed his punts are, besides, even tho he sits 7th in league average, he is only 3.6 yards behind the leader which shows how tight and accurate these guys are.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Bartel hit punts inside the BC `10 yard line 4 times last week, so I dont think you take into account how well placed his punts are, besides, even tho he sits 7th in league average, he is only 3.6 yards behind the leader which shows how tight and accurate these guys are.
                        I agree. Simply looking at distance can be misleading. Any punter would gladly give up yardage for that perfect coffin corner kick. Bartel has been the least of our concerns IMO.

Comment

I am thinking Bailey might sit this one.

Comment

My guess for scratches would be JSJ and one of Ratelle or Antigba. Would like to see Ratelle on the roster just to see what he can do.

Some people like to lament the JSJ pick as a bust (too early to make that assertion, IMHO) but few are giving props to our 2nd round pick Bladek. He has consistently been the 6th OL on the roster, plays short yardage on both the O and D side of the ball, played in BC last week when Dan Clark went down and acquitted himself well. He appears to have that nice nasty streak that you like in an OL.

As an aside, did you see the struggles Matt Vonk had for the Als last night? I'm glad him and Cory Watman are playing elsewhere.
                            Cannot see Antigha sitting ....

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

I agree. Simply looking at distance can be misleading. Any punter would gladly give up yardage for that perfect coffin corner kick. Bartel has been the least of our concerns IMO.
                              Bartel is exclusively a punter and the team now has to scramble a bit to find a kicker if Crap re-injures himself during the game. Stats are always subject to interpretation and in themselves can be misleading. Bartel has everything you need as a punter except perhaps for the big one into the wind. Moving to the new stadium with less wind has assisted him with his pooch kicks. Having two guys with all the skills provides better redundancy with in game injuries.

I was impressed with Moncrief at the scrimmage in Saskatoon. The question I think with him will be his coverage ability. He does seem to get people on the ground. Rattelle will be interesting if he make the game day roster. Curious about him.

Comment

IMHO our reserves for this game will be JSJ and Holley. Unlikely we use 2 DI spots on offense so it's either Jones or Holley sitting and I'm guessing it's Holley.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X