Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Player Discussion: Vince Young

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ith-longhorns/

Vince is available

He may need a driver, as he recently got an impaired.
    #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post
      https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ith-longhorns/

Vince is available

Well then there should not be any reason for him not to get in shape! I do not mean round either.

Comment

• Originally posted by inspector7 View Post

Well then there should not be any reason for him not to get in shape! I do not mean round either.
        round is a shape
        #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

round is a shape
          I know lol but unless he would be wanting a tryout on the OL we don't want him round.

Comment

• Originally posted by inspector7 View Post

I know lol but unless he would be wanting a tryout on the OL we don't want him round.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	USATSI_8026824-e1506643355374-718x490.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	418815
            #keepthepromise

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ith-longhorns/

Vince is available

Oh Vince! This is a great thread bump for a Sunday.

What was the line from the now crumbled Guard Tower? Nothing ventured, nothing gained? Hahaha.

Vince didnít even crash and burn like Manziel, he couldnít even get off the ground.

As to the deiver comment, maybe Vince and Charleston could share cabs?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	USATSI_8026824-e1506643355374-718x490.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	418815
                Jared Lorenzson, what a QB should be.... LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Oh Vince! This is a great thread bump for a Sunday.

What was the line from the now crumbled Guard Tower? Nothing ventured, nothing gained? Hahaha.

Vince didnít even crash and burn like Manziel, he couldnít even get off the ground.

As to the deiver comment, maybe Vince and Charleston could share cabs?
                  meh, the nothing ventured, nothing gained thing still holds true. There was no harm in him being there (and potential he stepped up) and if nothing else it brought some hype. I can't complain about that.

I was reading an interesting piece a few days ago, and if I had the link I would start a new thread, but it talked about the "win now" mentality that sports have become, and the CFL being much more like this now than a few decades ago as well. They looked at guys like Ray, Lulay and Reilly, and how they did bounce around other leagues a bit first. They especially focused on Ray and talked about how that arena time probably helped really develop him. He had his coffee with the NFL and then did the Arena league and then CFL, and that this might be a good way to bring a QB along. In a lot of ways, I think this makes a pile of sense. They get that taste, and then get a chance to work on their game with real reps, knowing what they have to build towards after a taste in the pros. If the Riders can bring in an Arena guy like Coleman, why not a QB? I think that is an avenue that needs lo be looked at closer. I know that there are usually a few of them invited to mini camps, but it amazes me that main camps don't really see them.
                  #keepthepromise

Comment

meh, the nothing ventured, nothing gained thing still holds true. There was no harm in him being there (and potential he stepped up) and if nothing else it brought some hype. I can't complain about that.

I was reading an interesting piece a few days ago, and if I had the link I would start a new thread, but it talked about the "win now" mentality that sports have become, and the CFL being much more like this now than a few decades ago as well. They looked at guys like Ray, Lulay and Reilly, and how they did bounce around other leagues a bit first. They especially focused on Ray and talked about how that arena time probably helped really develop him. He had his coffee with the NFL and then did the Arena league and then CFL, and that this might be a good way to bring a QB along. In a lot of ways, I think this makes a pile of sense. They get that taste, and then get a chance to work on their game with real reps, knowing what they have to build towards after a taste in the pros. If the Riders can bring in an Arena guy like Coleman, why not a QB? I think that is an avenue that needs lo be looked at closer. I know that there are usually a few of them invited to mini camps, but it amazes me that main camps don't really see them.
                    Kurt Warner spent some time in the Arena league and he's in the HOF

Comment

Or we could have had someone else there getting reps that maybe had potential? Iím glad you bumped the thread though, it is funny to go back and read some of the posts from those defending the idiocy at the time. I can only imagine where the ďhey why donít we go and bring Vince Young out of retirementĒ conversation was started. Lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X