Player Discussion: Vince Young

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I actually got to the count where I had my own mug. Then kids came along and my Saturday afternoons were forever changed.
    Me too, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Young was in Regina for his presser. Wouldnt he have gotten permission back then to leave the country?
      Yeah, I dunno how that would have worked and what exactly changed after this latest hearing.

Comment

Back in the day before kids during the engagement period with my wife, she worked Saturdays so I would meet my Buddies and Brother-in-law at Boston Pizza in the afternoon. A few times the wife would say, how many did you have and I would only a couple dear. A couple being those huge mugs............LOL
        You mean their Team Pitchers?

Comment

• I was not to thrilled with the VY signing, and have avoided posting till I thought it through, this guy was a gamer when he played (albeit several years ago, and hasn't played any meaningful football (since 2012) but if the "next one" isn't available yet (or on Hamiltons neg list lol) or just hasn't been discovered, using Vince Young as a 2-3 year bridge to allow the Riders to find the next one is not a bad thing, and his salary is at the right price point this year. which allows the team to continue looking for the next one and possibly find and sign quality players at other positions that we maybe couldn't have afforded because they were paying too much at the quarterback position. So my position has changed somewhat for the better to the Vince Young signing.

Comment

• Heard it from someone with considerable football experience today that Jones is building the WR and Oline up this year with the hopes of plunking Franklin into the middle of it next year. IT might even happen sooner with a Franklin / Glenn swap this season as back ups. VY is not the QB of the future, but just the experiment of the 'now'.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE RULK View Post
              Heard it from someone with considerable football experience today that Jones is building the WR and Oline up this year with the hopes of plunking Franklin into the middle of it next year. IT might even happen sooner with a Franklin / Glenn swap this season as back ups. VY is not the QB of the future, but just the experiment of the 'now'.
              The future starts now.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE RULK View Post
                Heard it from someone with considerable football experience today that Jones is building the WR and Oline up this year with the hopes of plunking Franklin into the middle of it next year. IT might even happen sooner with a Franklin / Glenn swap this season as back ups. VY is not the QB of the future, but just the experiment of the 'now'.
                As much as I would love to pry Franklin from the Esks, I would be nervous to have VY and Bennett/Bridge as our backups in case Franklin gets hurt or isn't quite as ready for prime time as we hope. After all, even Jennings gets replaced by Lulay from time to time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post

As much as I would love to pry Franklin from the Esks, I would be nervous to have VY and Bennett/Bridge as our backups in case Franklin gets hurt or isn't quite as ready for prime time as we hope. After all, even Jennings gets replaced by Lulay from time to time.
                  There will come a time when we have to put somebody in there who makes us nervous.

Comment

• just watched the NFL channel and a program called the all-time Top 10 QB teases[flops]. Vince made number 3 on this list. To his credit he had a very strong rookie year. Seems he had a lot of off field misadventures that effected his development. Hopefully Vince will rediscover that special talent he had back in that rookie season.
                    Last edited by brady; 05-21-2017, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brady View Post
                      just watched the NFL channel and a program called the all-time Top 10 QB teases[flops]. Vince made number 3 on this list. To his credit he had a very strong rookie year. Seems he had a lot of off field misadventures that effected his development. Hopefully Vince will rediscover that special talent he had back in that rookie season.
                      I think you will find that Young himself said that part of his problem was the people he surrounded himself with and his attitude. Its probably the same for most guys who flame out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

I think you will find that Young himself said that part of his problem was the people he surrounded himself with and his attitude. Its probably the same for most guys who flame out.
                        The first step to recovery is being honest with yourself. Hopefully Vince has overcome these diversions and is focused on football. There is a lot of talent with this guy.

Comment

just watched the NFL channel and a program called the all-time Top 10 QB teases[flops]. Vince made number 3 on this list. To his credit he had a very strong rookie year. Seems he had a lot of off field misadventures that effected his development. Hopefully Vince will rediscover that special talent he had back in that rookie season.
                          It would be very nice if VY's "misadventures" were limited to the distant past, his .24 booze-driving incident happened just this year.

Comment

The first step to recovery is being honest with yourself. Hopefully Vince has overcome these diversions and is focused on football. There is a lot of talent with this guy.
                            What I heard from him is a guy ready to take a second chance seriously. I think the starting job is his to lose.

Comment

What I heard from him is a guy ready to take a second chance seriously. I think the starting job is his to lose.
                              If ever there was a time for someone to shine like in the movie "The Rookie", this is that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy58 View Post

If ever there was a time for someone to shine like in the movie "The Rookie", this is that time.
                                I am looking forward to see what he brings and what he has in the tank.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X