Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Player Discussion: Vince Young

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Player Discussion: Vince Young

    Hey, it may not work out in the end, but the guy looks to be putting the work in to give it a real shot.



  • #2
    Just a reminder to folks who may not know.............Vince Young received NO signing bonus. Not a penny. So if he doesn't make the roster we owe him zippo. And that's zippo against the cap too. So it's that old saying, nothing ventured, nothing gained. And if it doesn't work out, we're out nothing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Vince is a fantastic person that got in with the wrong people after college and had a hard time dealing with the whole thing. Can't blame the guy. 22 years old and on top of the world, who wouldn't fall into some of the traps? I'm excited at the prospect of him playing here no matter how it turns out. Guy is a class act.
      "Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right." - George Orwell, 1984

      Comment


      • #4
        At best he is a stop gap. Hopefully he can be a good stop gap.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NoFlyZone View Post
          Vince is a fantastic person that got in with the wrong people after college and had a hard time dealing with the whole thing. Can't blame the guy. 22 years old and on top of the world, who wouldn't fall into some of the traps? I'm excited at the prospect of him playing here no matter how it turns out. Guy is a class act.
          He's saying and doing all the right things. I have no problem with him giving it another go. I have no problem with us being the team that gives him a chance. If it works, great. If it doesn't, not a problem.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
            Hey, it may not work out in the end, but the guy looks to be putting the work in to give it a real shot.


            This is the ultimate puff piece and obviously he has full control to only put in clips that make him look good...but I am really impressed with his footwork in this video. To me that was the biggest question mark, because he relied so much on his mobility as a young QB; going through progressions and reading a D were never his strong suit so if he was old and slow, we'd be looking at a potential trainwreck. But if he's a legit threat to take off and scramble occasionally he could do well here.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

              He's saying and doing all the right things. I have no problem with him giving it another go. I have no problem with us being the team that gives him a chance. If it works, great. If it doesn't, not a problem.
              Well, kind of a problem if he doesn't work out. In that we don't really have a starter other than Glenn in that case. Yes, young guy steps up and becomes the starter in year one. Might happen, but odds are against it.

              As for Vince, we apparently know he still has the arm, if he still has the legs(and brain) to scramble to buy time, then yeah, he'll be our guy.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by squish View Post

                Well, kind of a problem if he doesn't work out. In that we don't really have a starter other than Glenn in that case. Yes, young guy steps up and becomes the starter in year one. Might happen, but odds are against it.

                As for Vince, we apparently know he still has the arm, if he still has the legs(and brain) to scramble to buy time, then yeah, he'll be our guy.
                If Vince doesn't work, then our backup would be a youngster...what's wrong with that? You were complaining about not finding our own guy, well, here you go. I swear it doesn't matter what happens good or bad, you'll find a way to complain about it, lol.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

                  If Vince doesn't work, then our backup would be a youngster...what's wrong with that? You were complaining about not finding our own guy, well, there's here you go. I swear it doesn't matter what happens good or bad, you'll find a way to complain about it, lol.
                  We neg listed Maty Mauk and Jones even travelled to see his pro day. Yet ppl will complain that it's Jones wasting resources. People do need to realize that the Riders are moving forward with trying to find or land "the next one." It's in the works.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

                    If Vince doesn't work, then our backup would be a youngster...what's wrong with that? You were complaining about not finding our own guy, well, here you go. I swear it doesn't matter what happens good or bad, you'll find a way to complain about it, lol.
                    Yeah, its the longer view thats fine in that case, we'll go through the progressions with various young guys till we land on a winner. In the near term though, this team needs wins now. You can't have long-term success, without starting with some short term success.

                    I swear it doesn't matter what happens good or bad, you'll find a way to say everything is mega super awesome with the team right now, lol.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by squish View Post

                      Yeah, its the longer view thats fine in that case, we'll go through the progressions with various young guys till we land on a winner. In the near term though, this team needs wins now. You can't have long-term success, without starting with some short term success.

                      I swear it doesn't matter what happens good or bad, you'll find a way to say everything is mega super awesome with the team right now, lol.
                      So if we have to win now, who would you like to see as our quarterback? Who's out there that we can realistically get? You keep talking this nonsense, but never give a real answer.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've been on the record as excited to see him suit up since day one. Not a lot of miles for a 33 year old either.

                        Comment


                        • ROFLMAO
                          ROFLMAO commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I've said that all along. Low mileage unit, great attitude. It will be fun to watch. There are no guarantees, only hope.

                      • #13
                        Originally posted by Bigsexydawg
                        In before the ginsu chefs.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	2776648905.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	748

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

                          So if we have to win now, who would you like to see as our quarterback? Who's out there that we can realistically get? You keep talking this nonsense, but never give a real answer.
                          I dunno, options seem limited, which is why perhaps things aren't all hunky-dorey at the position. I'd like to see more of Bridge, but we seem to be banking on Young, which is a long shot, but its kind of our best chance at the moment. We know what Glenn brings, some good play, some bad, and probably an early season injury if we play him regularly. Everything else is a pretty big unknown.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by mfranc View Post
                            I've been on the record as excited to see him suit up since day one. Not a lot of miles for a 33 year old either.
                            That's how the team views it. Young may be chronologically 33 years old but there's hardly any wear or tear. He's actually "younger in body" than many QB's in their later 20's due to less wear and tear and lack of injury history. Lots of ppl do not consider this but football ppl are acutely aware of it. They have to be.

                            Comment


                            • ROFLMAO
                              ROFLMAO commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Was he not recently coaching? That observation of the game may help improve his game. He may have learned by teaching.
                              Also, he was on the cover of Madden 2008. How cool would it be if he ended up on the cover of a CFL game?

                          Announcement

                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.

                          Announcement

                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X