Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

League cut thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lyin' guy View Post

He's a cartoon, and an annoying one at that. Hope he just catches the ball and shuts his yap. Whiny biotch
    You won't have to worry about him going off the rails till the 2nd half of the season imo. But for potential for him to get yappy on the field etc circle July 20 when the Lions come to Regina. Nick Marshall gets too caught up in that stuff at times for my liking, and with Carter's first game back in Regina, those 2 going head to head as potential for fireworks.

Comment

• Like others have mentioned, I think it was a number of people. Although players will support team mates as they pursue other goals (like the NFL), if their highlight reel becomes more important than the team, that can become annoying.
      There are also those "fake" guys - the one's who give the media the "all I wanna do is win" sound bites; the kind of guys with so much "fake" character that many fans think would have the potential to be good coaching material some day. Inside the locker room can be a different story.
      Having said that, as a kicker myself, I can call Whyte a flake and I'd advise him to shut his yap and play ball.

Comment

He's a cartoon, and an annoying one at that. Hope he just catches the ball and shuts his yap. Whiny biotch
        In all seriousness the coaching staff should be worried about a young guy like Simonise getting caught up in the antics.

Was told from solid sources Caleb Holley's demise here had a lot to do with hanging around Carter and picking up bad habits.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
          I'll go a different angle and say a coach was the issue in the locker room and say Benevides. I find it inconceivable that it was Reilly. Duke Williams is a possibility. How about Grymes?
          I hear you on Reilly, but until the end of 2016 I think anybody would have found it inconceivable that Durant and the Riders would have had the issues they had too. I guess we just don't know what goes on behind closed doors

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

In all seriousness the coaching staff should be worried about a young guy like Simonise getting caught up in the antics.

Was told from solid sources Caleb Holley's demise here had a lot to do with hanging around Carter and picking up bad habits.
            They were roommates Carter's first year here.

Comment

You won't have to worry about him going off the rails till the 2nd half of the season imo. But for potential for him to get yappy on the field etc circle July 20 when the Lions come to Regina. Nick Marshall gets too caught up in that stuff at times for my liking, and with Carter's first game back in Regina, those 2 going head to head as potential for fireworks.
              Those 2 both drove me crazy at times. Just shut your yap and get back to the huddle. It's not a difficult concept to understand

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

There might be something to the Caleb rumor, or maybe the opposite is true, his departure had more to do with McAdoo / Jones and the football is for dummies scheme. There were a number of players who hinted last years offence wasn't the greatest. Some of those players are still on the team and after what transpired with Carter they aren't going to say anything. There are a few coaches who indicated there should been more balance at practices last year. So why is it when a player speaks up in a meeting he is problem, but after the HC leaves we find out there were big problems, but said player is still a problem.

Comment

You'll be disappointed. There will be theatrics, stupid penalties, and sideline meltdowns. The hope for BC is that the Reilly to Carter connection is dangerous enough for those to be worth putting up with.

Comment

• Ed picked an o lineman off of edmontons practice roster

https://www.bclions.com/2019/06/11/l...ean-simon-roy/

Comment

Kd cannon has a quick fuse, as does mcroberts.

kd was the most vocal guy at practice monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hambone View Post

Grymes seems unlikely. My buddy who has several CFL clients was asking DB Coach Ryan Phillips to have TJ Lee run extra laps or gassers for stealing Grymes away. He wanted Grymes to lure TJ over to his beloved Eskimos instead. All 3 are clients. He'd have a pretty good sense of what sort of personalities they are. Watching Grymes interacting with the other guys in BC's training camp sessions he looked to be very outgoing and seemed to be having a lot of fun with his new team mates. Another tip of a player's stature in the room is when the players assemble for the stretches and cool downs. There's usually one group consisting of the leaders who scatter across one yard stripe and face the rest who scatter across the next 4 or 5 sets of yardage stripes facing the leaders. I noticed Grymes was in the group of leaders facing the rest of the pack. Besides that if there was any place outside of Edmonton that would know he was a disruptive influence in the room one would think it would be BC.
                        Which group was Duron in

Comment

Yikes lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                            Ed picked an o lineman off of edmontons practice roster

Who needs napkins and a Winnebago when you have a feeder team?

Comment

But you like him, right? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                                Ed picked an o lineman off of edmontons practice roster

Funny thing is half the Edmonton fan base wonít have a problem with Ed doing this and will defend him.
                                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X