Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arash Madani on Sports Cage May 15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arash Madani on Sports Cage May 15

Did any one else listen to Arash Madani on the sports cage yesterday and talking about the mess in Montreal. Apparently if the sale to the Lapointe group would have went through they had a written agreement with the Ambrosie and CFL which would have allowed the Alouettes to interview 1 coach or 1 office personnel from each CFL team. They also would have been forgiven for exceeding the Coach/administratration salary cap for 2019. You find this at 1:06 mark on yesterday's sports cage.

Originally posted by Rider1989 View Post
    Did any one else listen to Arash Madani on the sports cage yesterday and talking about the mess in Montreal. Apparently if the sale to the Lapointe group would have went through they had a written agreement with the Ambrosie and CFL which would have allowed the Alouettes to interview 1 coach or 1 office personnel from each CFL team. They also would have been forgiven for exceeding the Coach/administratration salary cap for 2019. You find this at 1:06 mark on yesterday's sports cage.
    Tyree and I called it there was special shenanigan rules being contemplated for the Alouettes.
    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Rider1989 View Post
      Why would CFL politics not cater to the East just like our federal Politics?? The Als are a perfect representation of what would happen to Quebec if it wasn't for equalization payments.... I wouldn't be opposed ot giving them a 2019 cap exemption on coaches so that they could clear house, but no F-ing way should they be able to poach coaches from other teams after FA. IT would be insanely hypocritical for the league to allow that, yet not intervene when The Riders called to ask to interview for the HC position.

Comment

Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post

Why would CFL politics not cater to the East just like our federal Politics?? The Als are a perfect representation of what would happen to Quebec if it wasn't for equalization payments.... I wouldn't be opposed ot giving them a 2019 cap exemption on coaches so that they could clear house, but no F-ing way should they be able to poach coaches from other teams after FA. IT would be insanely hypocritical for the league to allow that, yet not intervene when The Riders called to ask to interview for the HC position.
        Beginning to sound like the CFL ship under Ambrosie is showing similarities to the CFL ship of the mid to late 90's.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

I listened and it blew my mind. So the Bombers were able to refuse the Riders an interview of Lapolice but the Als, a couple months later, would have been allowed to interview and allowed to potentially hire him.

People wonder why the CFL gets a bush league reputation.

Comment

Corrupt football league.

Comment

I agree with Bingo....heard that and thought how the h*ll could Winnipeg say no to us interviewing Lapolice in January, and then a month later the league would let Montreal raid any/all coaching staffs to take a guy from each of the other club. Makes the league look bush league and ridiculous IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                I listened and it blew my mind. So the Bombers were able to refuse the Riders an interview of Lapolice but the Als, a couple months later, would have been allowed to interview and allowed to potentially hire him.

People wonder why the CFL gets a bush league reputation.
                This is just so Canada. Different rules for Quebec and Ontario than for the rest of the country.

Comment

Cap coaches then let Al's cherry pick....beautiful

Comment

It's just sickening... period!
                    Let everyone else pay the price for the clown show they created. It's like no one knew what Kavis in charge would look like ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. DMC View Post
                      It's just sickening... period!
                      Let everyone else pay the price for the clown show they created. It's like no one knew what Kavis in charge would look like ffs.
                      Kavis sure has a rep of destroying everything he touches

Comment

It didn't happen , the deal fell through ..... I would question how the rest of the league governance would have agreed to it and why ???

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                          Cap coaches then let Al's cherry pick....beautiful
                          I don't like the coaches cap either but at least it was consistent.

I am all for helping out a couple of these markets that need it. However, I would rather see the league spend some of their own "league money" on helping support branding and marketing with new ownership, maybe running some additional events out there, partner with TSN to do a season kickoff preview show live from the stadium with fan activities etc, than them doing something like this.

Comment

So now we're getting angry about things that didn't actually happen that are being reported by The Rash, a notorious CFL shat disturber? I am sure that he's enjoying the fact we'd play into his nonsense.

The idea that the league will go to great lengths to prevent one of their teams from folding shouldn't be a big surprise. Ultimately the CFL governors would have the final say, which means that most teams would need to be on board with whatever is done. If the teams are okay with whatever the league ultimately does to bail out the Als, then there is no point in the fan base being butt hurt about it.

Comment

The Riders should absolutely be the last team complaining about CFL welfare policies ordained by the league to keep a team afloat. It wasn't that long ago that the rich of the CFL were paying the Riders bills so they could survive.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X