Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBA Ratio News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBA Ratio News

According to this article, American players would be considered Canadians if they spend more than 3 seasons on one team. If this is correct this is the biggest news by far of the new CBA. This will send some into a tizzy. Worthy of its own thread and likely to cause quite the debate.

https://medicinehatnews.com/sports/n...ith-cfl-teams/

Originally posted by Stoi View Post
    According to this article, American players would be considered Canadians if they spend more than 3 seasons on one team. If this is correct this is the biggest news by far of the new CBA. This will send some into a tizzy. Worthy of its own thread and likely to cause quite the debate.

I can tell you right now this is not correct. Teams have to play at least 3 Americans as starters that have either played four yrs in the league or 3 yrs with that team. It has nothing to do with ratio there will still have to be 7 ledgit Canadian starters!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoi View Post

I thought I read that or heard that early on, but I think that was being confused with the requirement to have the veteran import.

Comment

Rod Pederson also reports the same thing on his page. I asked him if he was sure this was correct and he ignored my question. If this is correct, it would mean that teams would only need to play 4 actual Canadians to meet the ratio requirements, with 3 veteran Americans classed as Canadians to meet the 7. This would be a huge change and I cannot believe the Canadian players would have agreed to this. Anyone have confirmation on this?

Comment

Hmmm...if true huge. Can't see it. I do like the concept and was willing for it to be two and 4 years with a team or 5 years in the CFL. Seems pretty weird for it to just be about veteran protection without being tied into National status too.

Comment

There is no way this is legit.

Comment

According to 3down it remains the same.
              https://3downnation.com/2019/05/15/c...ghout-new-cba/

Comment

I didn't believe it at first. But Rod P, Dan Ralph from Canadian Press both reported it. Always sounded bogus to me.

Comment

I think some people are getting confused, according to Farhan the only changes to the ratio are gonna be Americans, this does not affect Canadians.

Among the American starters, 3 of them must have played 3 yrs with their existing teams or 4 yrs in #CFL. This in an effort to protect veteran players & build continuity.

The 3 yrs of medical coverage & revenue sharing are meaningful gains for players. @CFLonTSN
                  https://twitter.com/farhanlaljitsn/s...390921216?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                    I didn't believe it at first. But Rod P, Dan Ralph from Canadian Press both reported it. Always sounded bogus to me.
                    Rod P I would not consider a journalist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyLeach View Post
                        I think some people are getting confused, according to Farhan the only changes to the ratio are gonna be Americans, this does not affect Canadians.

Among the American starters, 3 of them must have played 3 yrs with their existing teams or 4 yrs in #CFL. This in an effort to protect veteran players & build continuity.

The 3 yrs of medical coverage & revenue sharing are meaningful gains for players. @CFLonTSN
                        https://twitter.com/farhanlaljitsn/s...390921216?s=21
                        Well, based on past history, if "Farhan says", then we know you can take it to the bank.
                        Lionbacker

Comment

Originally posted by DanoT View Post

Well, based on past history, if "Farhan says", then we know you can take it to the bank.
                          Yes, it seems Farhan doesn't say it or put it into print unless it is verifiable.

Comment

Originally posted by DanoT View Post

With all due respect I trust Farhan far more as a journalist then Rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

What??? He's so much of a journalist he even breaks interesting stories completely by accident.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X