Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL and CFLPA reach agreement on new CBA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFL and CFLPA reach agreement on new CBA

Football, baby!

Happy news to wake up to this morning. Though I don't know the details, it's good to know the players and league realized the need to work together for the good of the game.

Suck it, media pundits who seemed to be hoping for a strike

Comment

Great news, let the games begin!

Comment

It always seems to work out with these things.

Comment

Comment

Great news. Raises that little cloud that was hanging over every piece of good news this off season

Comment

Whats your thoughts or speculation boys? I think modest sms increase, reduced ratio and little or no increase to minimums.
              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

the other forum is way to long now.... so im asking here. Will the ratio change?? Will they still have 21 NI and 20 I but get ride of designated import rule?

Im hoping they keep overall ratio the same (21 and 20) and get ride of designated import rule and starter rule, essentially leaving at min 3 NI starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                  Whats your thoughts or speculation boys? I think modest sms increase, reduced ratio and little or no increase to minimums.
                  I think minimums are going up......and it should be a somewhat significant amount. Ratio will be reduced.

Comment

I think it goes from 7 ni starters down to 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

I think minimums are going up......and it should be a somewhat significant amount. Ratio will be reduced.
                      Then that likely leaves little hard money increase for current players. If that is the case I am surprised, yet glad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

Id love it if both of your predictions are true!

Kudos to the league and the PA for how tight lipped everything has been.

Comment

I think with all the new imports Mexico draft Europe draft.... the only ratio rule will be 21 NI 20 Imports 3 QBs on game day roster. Start anyone anywhere.
                          with that SMS and minimums will get an increase and maybe added a year to the medical.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Id love it if both of your predictions are true!

Kudos to the league and the PA for how tight lipped everything has been.
                            The ratio reduction will be the next great scrap on here. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

The ratio reduction will be the next great scrap on here. Lol
                              It certainly will.

All I have been advocating for was a change to the minimums, a slight increase to the cap (maybe staggered) and ideally a drop of at least one Canadian starter. If Stronson's speculation is correct, it looks like I may be a happy guy when this all comes out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X