Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders sign Punter Jon Ryan.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

Ken Clarke
    Best punter in Rider history by a long shot.
    Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

• I look forward to seeing some high hanging punts this year, it's been a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyLeach View Post

It's the McAdoo way, sit back and let the defense and special teams win it for you.
        Yet the year before we were airing it out.

Comment

The last time we had a punter with a leg like Ryan's, management got rid of him for being a "locker room lawyer".
          Eddie Johnson?

Comment

• Originally posted by lerriuqs View Post

Nonsense. Why would Bartel and the coaches lie? If he was really as bad you think, he would have been replaced a long time ago. They made no attempt to bring in punters over the past three seasons from what I remember.
            Maybe he was asked to do it because of a limit in his ability. Like they could get him to punt normal but maybe he takes too long to get it off, or not enough hangtime or something. So they come up with a plan to make him kick 'poorly'.

Comment

• Originally posted by wist View Post

Maybe he was asked to do it because of a limit in his ability. Like they could get him to punt normal but maybe he takes too long to get it off, or not enough hangtime or something. So they come up with a plan to make him kick 'poorly'.
              As well, I've seen punters that were "lights out" for distance and hang time in practice. When you lined up 12 guys who effectively wanted to kill them, the ball was all over the field.

Comment

Didn't we have a punter that would placekick anything over the 40, or something goofy

Comment

Many practice goers, including myself, reported that Bartel hit high spirals in practice on a regular basis.

In 2014 when the Riders acquired wasn't he coming off an eastern all star season.

But he's gone and I am sure Jon Ryan's instructions will be quite different.
                  Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Didn't we have a punter that would placekick anything over the 40, or something goofy
                    That coconut in 2015. There was that game in 2015 against Calgary amidst Chuckles meltdowns where he had the guy try a 65 yarder that yielded a miss and big return leading to a last play of the half hail Mary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ike View Post

I don't think they are as young as you think they are!
                      Ya they are actually younger than I thought. Look at the roster Ike. On defence there are 4 guys over 30, Micah, Solly, and Crezdon, and Charleston. we have lots of young depth all over this roster. saying we are old is just not correct at all. On offence we are very young at receiver, couple young running backs. Perfect mix on the o-line of vets and younger guys. Anyone who says they are old is just clueless and looking for something to bitch about. like who frigging cares if we got older at punter.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOHNNY84 View Post

Ya they are actually younger than I thought. Look at the roster Ike. On defence there are 4 guys over 30, Micah, Solly, and Crezdon, and Charleston. we have lots of young depth all over this roster. saying we are old is just not correct at all. On offence we are very young at receiver, couple young running backs. Perfect mix on the o-line of vets and younger guys. Anyone who says they are old is just clueless and looking for something to bitch about. like who frigging cares if we got older at punter.
                        You got it Johnny.

Comment

Watching that run, when he hits the 45 yard line, I can hear Chris Berman give a Three Stooges, "Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!"

That one gets a "Like" from me!
                          Last edited by KnuckleHead; 05-14-2019, 12:08 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote 'Go Riders'. Context!

Comment

• Very good PR move by the Riders.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post
                              Very good PR move by the Riders.
                              More than just great PR, while we spent a bit more cash, ODay upgraded another position from last year. Solid move by the Riders, I wont be surprised if hes an all star this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

More than just great PR, while we spent a bit more cash, ODay upgraded another position from last year. Solid move by the Riders, I wont be surprised if hes an all star this season.
                                less a surprise, and more of an expectation given his ability and price.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X