Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders sign Punter Jon Ryan.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RidersontheStorm View Post

    Its even better that 3Down's Rider podcast has Gasson and a John Fraser, a Bomber fan, and includes John Hodge as a guest from time to time. I stopped listening after that episode. Really the other CFL teams and their fans are much more respected on 3Down. Hodge is the Bomber's answer to Pedersen, an entertainer and not a journalist. Every other team has a fan's perspective, just not the Riders. It's almost like Edwards knows that angry Rider fans will click on more things than happy Rider fans.
    Haha! Someone needs to create ďAngry Rider FanĒ t-shirts, akin to the ďAngry Gormley ListenerĒ shirts I saw kicking around.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RidersontheStorm View Post

      Its even better that 3Down's Rider podcast has Gasson and a John Fraser, a Bomber fan, and includes John Hodge as a guest from time to time. I stopped listening after that episode. Really the other CFL teams and their fans are much more respected on 3Down. Hodge is the Bomber's answer to Pedersen, an entertainer and not a journalist. Every other team has a fan's perspective, just not the Riders. It's almost like Edwards knows that angry Rider fans will click on more things than happy Rider fans.
      I think I agree with all of this. Iíve never listened to that podcast. Why do I want to hear a Rider podcast involving 2 Bomber fans and a guy who admittedly enjoys taking a negative view on the team?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lotus View Post
        https://3downnation.com/2019/05/20/t...-ryan-but-why/
        The Riders signed Jon Ryan, but why?



        Iím not saying this will keep them from improving the team in other areas, I just think what they had there was working.
        Working to deliver us the worst punting in the league?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

          I think I agree with all of this. Iíve never listened to that podcast. Why do I want to hear a Rider podcast involving 2 Bomber fans and a guy who admittedly enjoys taking a negative view on the team?
          Head scratcher. It's nearly the equivalent of Pedersen hosting a Bomber podcast and interview Durant about his contributions to the organization.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
            Lost me when he said directional punting is not important in the nfl. I donít care if he has a favourite nfl team. Thatís a clueless comment, We really need a different Rider contributor to 3down. I am not looking for a cheerleader but want someone fair. With Davis and Gassen we are stuck with 2 negative nellies
            What, you don't like Davis' 8 sentence "columns" full of cynicism and despair that end abruptly?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RidersontheStorm View Post

              Its even better that 3Down's Rider podcast has Gasson and a John Fraser, a Bomber fan, and includes John Hodge as a guest from time to time. I stopped listening after that episode. Really the other CFL teams and their fans are much more respected on 3Down. Hodge is the Bomber's answer to Pedersen, an entertainer and not a journalist. Every other team has a fan's perspective, just not the Riders. It's almost like Edwards knows that angry Rider fans will click on more things than happy Rider fans.
              Kind of sounds like the coterie of non-Rider fans who hate those who ARE Rider fans. Almost like turd down nation's raison d'Ítre is to ridicule all things green & white & to that end the coverage is negative even on what is supposed to be a pro-Riders podcast.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

                I think I agree with all of this. Iíve never listened to that podcast. Why do I want to hear a Rider podcast involving 2 Bomber fans and a guy who admittedly enjoys taking a negative view on the team?
                Distance and hang time go together with how long it takes your cover team to get down field. Ryan can get deeper than Bartel because of the hang time. The writer isn't very well versed in punt coverage.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Greenmachine View Post

                  Distance and hang time go together with how long it takes your cover team to get down field. Ryan can get deeper than Bartel because of the hang time. The writer isn't very well versed in punt coverage.
                  The writer is no more versed than you and I regarding football. He has a podcast and an opinion which is what Turddown is made of.
                  Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                  Comment


                  • ANyone going to make a shirt, "John Icycles Ryan'? or something similar. Mark me down for notice if so.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LongTimeRiderFan View Post

                      That is not a valid point. Ryan's minimum contract in the NFL would be like $2 million. The Bills' punter last year? Made $418K.
                      $2M not really.... http://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-mini...ders-for-2019/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

                        He also made it obvious that he was unhappy with Bartel's inability to make tackles and expects his punters to be a guy who can do that. He didn't blame Bartel for the punt return touchdowns this past season but he more or less insinuated that we had 11 guys covering the punt and not 12.
                        Using the tackling as part of the excuse just shows he needs more time having to explain his situation and not grasp at straws. Usually the kicker is one of the last down the field and in contain unless the ball is rolling around on the ground. They shouldn't be in the position of having to tackle. Additionally, I am not saying Jon can't tackle but his 0.95 tackles a season clearly shows he isn't a tackling machine. Kickers / punters get injured trying to make at tackle in the NFL fairly often. Since, it isn't something they spend a lot of time practicing or even attempting they don't have good form doing and get hurt.

                        As I said previously, Jon will be a upgrade on Bartel, but not sure just how much of an upgrade he will be. If Dickenson wants to pin the opposition in the corners again, we will get to see if Jon's average goes up or down.

                        Comment

                        Announcement

                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.

                        Announcement

                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X