Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders sign Punter Jon Ryan.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A PR move? Some people need to realize that Chris Jones left.
    Riderfans - Came for the info... stayed for the drama.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenwall View Post
      Who knew Bartels wife was a member here.
      Rod Black?

Comment

• Originally posted by lester View Post

For a guy with his size that played Australian Rules Football, his lack of interest in contact was surprising. It seemed like he couldn't get out of the way fast enough most of the time.
        Maybe that's why he doesn't play Aussie rules any more

Comment

• Originally posted by El Guapo View Post

Rod Black?
          From a STD perhaps?
          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Sounds like Hilltops fan is letting his Regina Rams hate cloud his judgement. I bet if the Riders signed Tony Gagnon or Dan Servetnyk he'd be happy.
            Little Dan did play in a couple of preseason games.

And lol

Comment

From a STD perhaps?
              Haha

Comment

From a STD perhaps?
                Necrotizing fasciitis...

Comment

• https://3downnation.com/2019/05/20/t...-ryan-but-why/
                  The Riders signed Jon Ryan, but why?

Did the Riders really need an upgrade there though? Iím not saying this will keep them from improving the team in other areas, I just think what they had there was working.

While Josh Bartel doesnít have the overall leg strength that Ryan has, he was doing exactly what Craig Dickenson asked of him. Over the last two seasons, Bartel has been the master at pinning teams deep. He punted for precisely zero rouges last year. Systematically, Dickenson is far more concerned with placement than distance and Bartel has been very good at it. Bartelís average punt was basically four yards shorter than anyone else, head coach Craig Dickenson admitted this was by design. Bartel was also only called for an illegal punt once.

According to the CFL, Bartelís field position adjusted ranking was nine of 10 qualifying punters, but his offence did him little favours.

Dickenson also said recently that he felt Bartel didnít do a good enough job getting down field, and thatís fair enough, but to blame a few returns caused by missed tackles, on the punter seems like a bit much.

Comment

• I read that article too. I guess to each their own but I donít see how people canít think we upgraded, even if just slightly. all OíDay has done since heís been in the big chair is upgrade this team at several different spots. Defensively we are better, on the offensive line slightly better, we added a couple playmakers on offence. The QBing is the same, and thatís concerning, but almost every other area looks better on paper today than it did in November last year. Like I said, I guess people can have the opinion that it wasnít a necessary add, and maybe it wasnít a position of need, but any chance to improve is one you take IMO.

Comment

• Lost me when he said directional punting is not important in the nfl. I donít care if he has a favourite nfl team. Thatís a clueless comment, We really need a different Rider contributor to 3down. I am not looking for a cheerleader but want someone fair. With Davis and Gassen we are stuck with 2 negative nellies

Comment

• So at the bottom of the article they have "All eyes on Collaros", "Argos sign former Rider Crapigna", and "Argos sign former Rider JSJ".......I think we get the jist of where 3down is getting their hits from.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                          Lost me when he said directional punting is not important in the nfl. I donít care if he has a favourite nfl team. Thatís a clueless comment, We really need a different Rider contributor to 3down. I am not looking for a cheerleader but want someone fair. With Davis and Gassen we are stuck with 2 negative nellies
                          Pretty much confirmed the negative nelly position with his opening sentence:

I have a bit of a reputation at times when it comes to my coverage of the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Iím about to live up to it.

Comment

• Would another reason for signing him besides the upgrade be that he then doesn't sign with another CFL team when it's clear he wants to continue to play football for a while?

Comment

• Originally posted by RiderRookie View Post
                              Would another reason for signing him besides the upgrade be that he then doesn't sign with another CFL team when it's clear he wants to continue to play football for a while?
                              Subtraction by addition

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                                Lost me when he said directional punting is not important in the nfl. I donít care if he has a favourite nfl team. Thatís a clueless comment, We really need a different Rider contributor to 3down. I am not looking for a cheerleader but want someone fair. With Davis and Gassen we are stuck with 2 negative nellies
                                Its even better that 3Down's Rider podcast has Gasson and a John Fraser, a Bomber fan, and includes John Hodge as a guest from time to time. I stopped listening after that episode. Really the other CFL teams and their fans are much more respected on 3Down. Hodge is the Bomber's answer to Pedersen, an entertainer and not a journalist. Every other team has a fan's perspective, just not the Riders. It's almost like Edwards knows that angry Rider fans will click on more things than happy Rider fans.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X