Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders sign 3, release 3 including RB Tre Mason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riders sign 3, release 3 including RB Tre Mason

Sorry at work can't post Twitter link.

Originally posted by painter View Post
    Sorry at work can't post Twitter link.
    I'll help you out.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/05/10/riders...ack-tre-mason/

Will change thread title too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

I'll help you out.

Ok good thanks

Comment

I'll help you out.

I like Faulks size as a DT.

We will plug up the middle on defence and teams will try to go wide on us.

Brooks (when available) did his job last year, but injuries hurt. With Micah and Evans and bodies like Faulk, we are getting more to what BC has on that Dline with Coleman etc. Hated running against them.

Comment

Could never understand why people liked Mason so much. Couldn't break tackles at the rate I would like. Not even close.

Comment

Just wondering what Dearborn would be like as a receiver. He didn't wow me as a DB during one-on-ones, but he sure has a nice vertical.

Comment

He was always meh to me. Boring but consistent

Comment

Could never understand why people liked Mason so much. Couldn't break tackles at the rate I would like. Not even close.
                not like keenan lafrance is any bloody different, just slower (yeah and Canadian and I assume a ST guy).

I was never a mason fan.

You hear of any more RB's we are looking at signing?

Comment

I liked Mason with his 5.1 yard average and above average blocking ability. He got better as the season went on and then he blows out his knee which still hasn't healed. The good thing is we upgraded at the RB position and that's all that matters.
                  Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

Guys that have had some flashes in the NFL will always get people more excited than better players being plucked out of obscure colleges or bottom of the depth charts. The average CFL fan isnít watching division 3 college football, so the name recognition from NFL guys, especially guys that would have had an impact in fantasy football, are always going to get the majority of fans a lot more excited.

Mason had some NFL success and so he was always going to get some good bias when he got up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post

not like keenan lafrance is any bloody different, just slower (yeah and Canadian and I assume a ST guy).

I was never a mason fan.

You hear of any more RB's we are looking at signing?
                      That's a JO signing that puzzles me. And yeah, Watson.

Comment

If they are releasing players now its only because they have found better, which is good to hear. Mason was good, but not as good as Powell who I love as a RB. I suspect in the case of Mason that they wanted to release him while he could pass a physical as he was hurt at the end of the year and wasnt going to beat out Powell.

The DT Faulks will have had recent tape and be in shape. Interesting to see what he can do in camp lined up with Micah Johnson.

Comment

That's a JO signing that puzzles me. And yeah, Watson.
                          Lets hope the stuff he learned from Taman doesnt undue what he learned from Jones and Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket 88 View Post

Lets hope the stuff he learned from Taman doesnt undue what he learned from Jones and Murphy
                            I hear you.

Comment

Disagree with "not even close". He was very much a borderline starter. Almost good enough to the guy, but not quite. He flashed potential. It was worth the carries we gave him to see how he'd progress. Obviously not enough to stick around with Powell in the fold.

800 yards on the year, 5th in the league is respectable. Maybe he'll get another chance somewhere when injuries pile up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X