Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ottawa hires Paopao as RB coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottawa hires Paopao as RB coach

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/04/15/redblacks-name-joe-paopao-running-backs-coach/

OTTAWA — The Ottawa REDBLACKS announced Monday the addition of a familiar face to the coaching staff, with Joe Paopao being named Running Backs Coach.

Paopao is no stranger to Ottawa, having previously played for the Ottawa Rough Riders before serving as Head Coach of the Ottawa Renegades.

“We feel very fortunate to add Joe to our coaching staff,” said REDBLACKS Head Coach Rick Campbell. “His wealth of knowledge and experience coaching and playing in the CFL will be a huge asset to our offence.”

With the addition of Paopao, here are the offensive coaching positions heading into the 2019 season:

Winston October – Receivers Coach
    Beau Walker – Quarterbacks Coach
    John McDonell – Offensive Line Coach
    Joe Paopao – Running Backs Coach

If you liked the vinyl and cassette revivals you'll love ...
    Mikka makka moo.

Comment

This should lead to a classic CC Ryder rant.
      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Holy … the retread of retreads lol. Ottawa is starting to feel like Montreal...but without Kavis they still have a chance.

Comment

Younger than I thought he was, he's only 63

Comment

Red Blacks bringing in new young blood. LOL!

Comment

Who is the OC? Maybe the offense will be run by committee?

Comment

Originally posted by commodore View Post
                Who is the OC? Maybe the offense will be run by committee?
                Campbell came out and said they are an OC committee.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Looking at the other coaches, I would say Paopao will be the defacto OC. Has he been doing anything since the school he was HC at got shut down?

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

How would that work?

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post

How would that work?
                        I am hoping terribly. or at least causes some internal turmoil.... Ottawa is shaping up to be quite the entertainment center... and for all the wrong reasons.

You can almost hear Kavis snickering over in Montreal... for once his team isn't the hot mess coming up to TC.

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post

How would that work?
                          They can collaborate to build the overall scheme and playbook then determine amongst themselves who would be tasked with play calling during the game. Perhaps no different than back in the day when the concept of a coordinator didn't really exist.

Maybe it's an ingenious way to confuse fans. Back in the day fans rarely knew or cared about who the offensive coordinator was. If things weren't going well they heaped all the blame on the HC or on the QB. Today it seems that the OC is the primary meatshield or lightning rod absorbing most of the ire of fans. Hello McAdoo.

Conversation at TD Place this coming summer as the REDBLACKS O sputters:

#%$&$& Elizondo! (And to note when I was in the stands for the Lions game in Ottawa last year I heard more than a few of fans hollering that)

He's gone.

Oh. Who replaced him?

Nobody.

Oh. Well. Um. Now what do I do? Hey I'm heading for a beer. Want one?

Comment

Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post

I am hoping terribly. or at least causes some internal turmoil.... Ottawa is shaping up to be quite the entertainment center... and for all the wrong reasons.

You can almost hear Kavis snickering over in Montreal... for once his team isn't the hot mess coming up to TC.
                            I would bet that by Labour Day PaoPao is formally named OC.

Comment

I would bet that by Labour Day PaoPao is formally named OC.
                              IT will go one of two ways.... either the definitive leader emerges and is named, as you suggested is the case for PaoPao, or there is a lot of miscommunication / turmoil internally due to more than one person wanting to take the reigns...

Should be fun to watch play out.... no Offence on the field after FA, so why need a Offensive Coordinator to start the season lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X