Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Running Back - Riders sign Jamal Morrow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Running Back - Riders sign Jamal Morrow

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced the following roster moves: SIGNED: International running back Jamal Morrow Morrow (58 205) joins the Riders after spending four seasons at Washington State where he played 50 career collegiate games, with 30 starts. The 24-year-old California native registered 316 carries for 1,795 yards and nine touchdowns while adding 202 catches

Another Mike Washington?

Comment

https://www.cougcenter.com/2018/4/26...couting-report

Comment

Imagine the disappointment opening up a site called CougCenter and it is actually football players.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
          Imagine the disappointment opening up a site called CougCenter and it is actually football players.
          I don't have to imagine, and I was immensely disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
            My only disappointment was that I didn't think to post that first.
            ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post
              Another Mike Washington?
              Reuban Mayes ala mata as well

Comment

I always liked versatile waterbugs. .

Wonder if this was a free agent camp signing?

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                  I always liked versatile waterbugs. .

Wonder if this was a free agent camp signing?
                  Could be https://twitter.com/17Pollock/status...42892658216961

Comment

I like his size, short but 205 lbs should mean some power.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                      I like his size, short but 205 lbs should mean some power.
                      From the article, danno.

Morrow is listed as a very, very generous 59 and 203 pounds which would seem to be a standard roster size exaggeration

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket 88 View Post

Reuban Mayes ala mata as well
                        It's Rueben Mayes' alma mater as well!

Comment

Very versatile athlete.

Comment

Seems well spoken, and was apparently the captain of the team while it turned itself around, so might be a solid locker room guy

Lining up as a wide out a fair bit. Encouraging sign on versatility and hands

https://www.cougcenter.com/2018/4/26...couting-report
                            Morrow is a likely candidate to go undrafted and, if he was only going to end up in the 7th round anyway, this is probably a better outcome considering he can pick where he goes.

Id be very, very willing to bet Morrow will have to be open to move from running back to inside receiver. Hes not a prototypical NFL back but at his size and speed, hes exactly what a lot of teams are looking for in the slot. He could find a good home there in the NFL.
                            http://draftanalyst.com/jamal-morrow
                            A bit surprising on the bolded with his size
                            Bio:
                            Two-year starter who was named Honorable Mention All-Pac-12 in 2016 and 2017. Led Washington State in rushing with 86 carries for 522 yards and four touchdowns and caught 60 passes for 506 yards and five scores as a senior. Rushed 90 times for 575 yards and five TDs and made 48 receptions for 488 yards and five touchdowns as a junior. Carried 53 times for 347 yards and posted 33 catches for 294 yards and four scores in 2015. Led Washington State with 351 rushing yards on 87 carries as a redshirt freshman and caught 61 passes for 460 yards.

Pos:
                            Small, creative ball carrier who also excels as a pass catcher out of the backfield. Patient, follows blocks extremely well and shows burst through the hole. Keeps his feet moving and displays the ability to create yardage or make defenders miss. Tremendous pass catcher and displays himself as a legitimate downfield threat. Extends his hands and makes receptions away from his frame.

Neg:
                            Easily tripped up by the first defender and doesnt pick up much yardage off initial contact. Cannot run to daylight.

Analysis:
                            Morrow is a situational ball carrier or third-down back who is most effective in space.

#keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

A Mack Herron type build?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X