Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOURCE: The Edmonton Eskimos are looking at a name change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOURCE: The Edmonton Eskimos are looking at a name change

SOURCE: The Edmonton Eskimos are in the process of a Team name change.

http://pifflespodcast.com/blog/edmon...at-name-change

So much for their fight song then

Comment

Comment

Empire is a dumb name for a football team.
        You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared... ...then you energy.

Comment

They need to bring this little guy back:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_168.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	430205

Comment

Doesnít really matter what some anonymous twitter poll says. The team will do what it wants.

Cant say Iím a huge fan but I really donít care too much either. If thatís what they feel is right for them, so be it.

Comment

Renegades is available.
              As far as the "controversy" that always happens when teams with ethnic names considering a change I don't care much either way but I do enjoy how it always pisses off a very specific type of person.

Comment

If the nickname has to change, should be to Edmonton Elks. Has history as they even played for the Grey Cup in 1922 (& is PC as far as I can tell)

https://stats.cfldb.ca/team/edmonton-elks/1922/

Comment

Originally posted by Jiminy View Post
                  If the nickname has to change, should be to Edmonton Elks. Has history as they even played for the Grey Cup in 1922 (& is PC as far as I can tell)

https://stats.cfldb.ca/team/edmonton-elks/1922/
                  Agreed

Comment

My strongest feelings on this is if the name they chose to go with is Edmonton Empire, that is an absolutely terrible name. Is there logo going to be Palpintine?

Comment

They should go self-titled.

The Edmonton Edmonton.

Or just... The Edmonton.

Comment

I fully expect this thread to explode by the time I get home from my dialysis treatment. If they feel the need to change hopefully it will be something decent. The Empire name sucks

Comment

If some of you continue to turn this into political sniping back and forth it's getting shut down. Grow up. I'm already annoyed I had to take some totally off-topic politics reference out of the Charleston Hughes thread last week. Anyone with any sort of intelligence should be able to figure out we are keeping that out of here so if you are still doing it, I figure you don't care and are going to do it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                            My strongest feelings on this is if the name they chose to go with is Edmonton Empire, that is an absolutely terrible name. Is there logo going to be Palpintine?
                            Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend...........

Comment

Empire is an awful name. I guess they want to stick with E so they can keep the logo. While Earwigs is my preference, something like Enterprise or Energy (both also horrible) would at least have something to do with the Edmonton vibe and history. Elk (not Elks!) is the easy and best choice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X