Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its too quiet - Vero Beach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

For me I would have been okay going after Jennings with the hope that a change of scenery would bring about a change in attitude and work ethic. However, there is as much likelihood a change of scenery wouldn't have done much either.

As far as Collaros goes it didn't surprise me they went back to him. What did surprise me is he was willing to come back to Saskatchewan. At times it didn't look like he was having much fun here.
    I would have liked them to have gone after Jennings, but I'm ok with their decision not to for whatever reasons they had. It could also be that Jennings' agent told them to not even bother because he had zero interest in playing for the Riders.

Maybe Jones not being back changed Collaros' point of view on returning...I would agree though, I didn't think he would be back. I think there were likely some discussions on how the offense would be changed with CD as HC and that was a big part of Collaros agreeing to come back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotor View Post

The conclusion to me is they are just not releasing names, not discussing it publicly - unlike others who think if there is no published plan and statement that none exists - I like you simply believe they are keeping things internal and quiet for a reason

I just wish we could talk about it
      I truly do believe that one of the things O'Day observed as part of the group is the microscope and scrutiny and at certain times unfair or over-the-top criticism that was cast upon the team and the administration. One way to change that is keep things internal and quiet.
      Last edited by Bigsexydawg; 04-10-2019, 10:13 AM.
      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• That is also one way of fans losing interest and going to other sports to get their kicks. If they can't take the heat they had better get out of the kitchen.

Comment

• Thx. There's nothing wrong with Jennings' work ethic.

Comment

• Originally posted by commodore View Post
            That is also one way of fans losing interest and going to other sports to get their kicks. If they can't take the heat they had better get out of the kitchen.
            If a fan leaves because they didn't hear names from a try put camp then I would question if they were really a fan or just a TV fan that likes to criticize the Riders. Not releasing camp names isn't going to lose fans and announcing camp names isn't going to sell more season tickets.

Like I said, expect this new regime to be less glamour and glitz.
            Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• I'm not a season ticket holder any more but I do go to some games. Maybe just do more golfing and a bit of fishing. I wonder just how many fans are similar to me and how about the ones that have to drive in a ways. I would say that good management would try to keep their interest up. Winnipeg is announcing players, why not us. Maybe they haven't signed any as some one suggested. I find that hard to believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyLeach View Post

Wait why Fajardo over KG? Ones got significant CFL expierence and is proven the other is a short yardage QB
                Fajardo has an upside...

Comment

• Originally posted by McGreen View Post

Fajardo has an upside...
                  I liked his compete level when on the field , reminded me of the Smith guy the Riders had a few years back trying out for QB.

Comment

• I see that there was some fairly recent Rider action plus other CFL signings on the transaction file with several Rider players/prospects apparently re signed ?? and two released-running back Taye Davis and linebacker James Graham.

Comment

• Thanks Riderfan. Must be some shuffling that I don't understand. 5 guys deleted and added back. The net effect looks like just dropping James Graham and Taye Davis (that one I did see on a release)

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                        Thanks Riderfan. Must be some shuffling that I don't understand. 5 guys deleted and added back. The net effect looks like just dropping James Graham and Taye Davis (that one I did see on a release)
                        Maybe they were at the Vero Beach camp and looked like hell so they were released.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

If a fan leaves because they didn't hear names from a try put camp then I would question if they were really a fan or just a TV fan that likes to criticize the Riders. Not releasing camp names isn't going to lose fans and announcing camp names isn't going to sell more season tickets.

Like I said, expect this new regime to be less glamour and glitz.
                          And to play to the idea of releasing names the vast majority of players attending tryout camps are total free agents and not on the hosts neg list. All teams run multiple tryout camps. Not that there's probably a lot of secrets but if the Riders were making all kinds of info public about tryout camp attendees wouldn't they be tipping other teams off on players that might be on their radar? Or maybe players weren't on their opponents' radar but the news they were at a Rider tryout camp gets them digging a bit more to see if they should have interest enough to reach out and make sure they know about the camp they have coming up in the same area? Toronto is running a camp tomorrow over in Bradenton which is a couple hours away from Vero Beach. Winnipeg will also be in Bradenton on the 23rd. Edmonton is in Miami on May 4th.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X