Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its too quiet - Vero Beach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its too quiet - Vero Beach

so Riders just finished their big Vero Beach tryout

usually we get reports - player info - who attended - so far Nadda

looking at the topics this weekend - does not look like anyone even noticed

its too bad

So, no Johnny.... er, John Football sightings?

Comment

No Vince Young or Terrell Owens either. Seems we're slacking when it comes to bringing in ex NFL guys who haven't played in years.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotor View Post

its too bad
        Be interesting if that was the new regime's decision or that CKRM is in transition phase, as Rock pointed out in another thread. Because I assume is no Riderville coverage, because if there was it would be posted here, it definitely seems the new regime want to operate with much less fanfare and glitz.

Not that I need to see twice daily highlights and/or interviews but at minimum I would have liked to hear or seen some of the names at the camp.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Sucks that we donít know who went. I would have loved to hear some names even if they werenít former NFL standouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Be interesting if that was the new regime's decision or that CKRM is in transition phase, as Rock pointed out in another thread. Because I assume is no Riderville coverage, because if there was it would be posted here, it definitely seems the new regime want to operate with much less fanfare and glitz.

Not that I need to see twice daily highlights and/or interviews but at minimum I would have liked to hear or seen some of the names at the camp.
            I agree, and I am a bit football starved and would like to see who we have for contenders in the Terrance Nunn award

Comment

its too bad
              Wow, I didnít even know anything was going on this weekend. I agree, would be nice to get a few tidbits.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyLeach View Post
                Sucks that we donít know who went. I would have loved to hear some names even if they werenít former NFL standouts.
                Exactly. Even names that went to familiar schools who had NFL tryouts or were practice roster guys.

Comment

Honest question here. Were FA try out camps well publicized in the past by Rider media?

Comment

Originally posted by IMWT View Post
                    Honest question here. Were FA try out camps well publicized in the past by Rider media?
                    Yep, and had tons of interviews and highlights. At least 15 minutes per day of it.

Comment

Originally posted by IMWT View Post
                      Honest question here, are you playing silly bugger?

Comment

Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

Yep, and had tons of interviews and highlights. At least 15 minutes per day of it.
                        This is the kind of silence that people criticized Shivers about, amongst other things.

Comment

Mind you this was just try outs vs the full mini camps they used to put on and got the big coverage. IIRC the big coverage only started when the team started putting on those camps. I don't recall much try out camp info before then.

Comment

On that note, I thought I heard Ian Hamilton on the Greenzone Friday and they made it sound like he was working for CJME now. If he's not with the Riders anymore, I missed that.

Comment

its too bad
                              There was an article focussing on Ryan yesterday. Basically he said he did alright but was a bit slow getting into form. He has been punting a pile of balls the past 8 months, but getting the rhythm with a snapper took a bit because of do8ng that solo

I imagine the "voice of the Riders" being in transition has limited the news to some degree
                              Last edited by Beacon.x; 04-08-2019, 12:33 PM.
                              #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X