Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSN's Derek Taylor new Riders play by play man and will host Sports Cage too

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSN's Derek Taylor new Riders play by play man and will host Sports Cage too

https://3downnation.com/2019/03/29/t...y-by-play-job/

TSNís Derek Taylor accepts Riders radio play-by-play job

By Justin Dunk
    March 29, 2019
    T
    TSNís Derek Taylor has accepted the Saskatchewan Roughriders radio play-by-play job.

Rod Pedersen who held the role for 20 years stepped down in January.

Along with calling all of the Riders game, Taylor will also host 620 CKRMís The SportsCage.

Back in November 2014 Taylor was hired by TSN as an anchor and reporter for Sportscentre and created the widely known Details segment which aired during CFL on TSN broadcasts.

ďItís sad to be leaving TSN, the No. 1 place for sports in the country. Itís been a treat to be associated with everyone there such as Rod Smith, Matt Dunigan, Duane Forde and Davis Sanchez,Ē Taylor said.

ďBut the opportunity to call Riders games was too good to let get away.Ē

From 2006-2014 Taylor was a co-host for Global Morning news in Winnipeg and called University of Manitoba Bisons football games for 101.5 UMFM including the 12-0 season when the Bisons won the Vanier Cup. Taylor was born in Okotoks, Alberta, studied journalism at Ryerson University and started his broadcasting career at TSN as an editorial assistant.

Comment

Wow, not sure about his play by play skills but as a host of the sportscage this is a great move and as far as football knowledge goes I would say an upgrade over Pederson

Comment

Wow, I wasn't expecting that, does this means he's gonna be on CKRM and no longer do the stats and CFL Fantasy on TSN?

Comment

Woohoo! This is an awesome choice! I'm sure a few people in house are pissed they didn't get it, but I really think this will do wonders for Rider Games, but probably even moreso, The Sportscage!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyLeach View Post
            Wow, I wasn't expecting that, does this means he's gonna be on CKRM and no longer do the stats and CFL Fantasy on TSN?
            The CKRM gig is more than a full time job.

Comment

I feel like DT would be great for the Sportscage, he is certainly knowledgeable enough.

Comment

Awesome choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

The CKRM gig is more than a full time job.
                  Daarn, well if he has to leave TSN at least he's coming to Sask

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyLeach View Post
                    I feel like DT would be great for the Sportscage, he is certainly knowledgeable enough.
                    It's not just surface knowledge either. DT plumbs the depths and analyzes even the mico minutiae of the game. He's going to be terrific.

Comment

Holy crap, great hire! Congrats, DT is one of my favourites over at TSN.

Comment

I'll miss his stats on TSN but this is great news. Congrats DT.

Comment

WOW. I'll say that's one heck of an upgrade. Am I imagining things, or didn't he call a few games for TSN last year (or year prior?)? I thought he did well.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                            I'll miss his stats on TSN but this is great news. Congrats DT.
                            Hey, RiderNation gets them all to ourselves now!

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

It's not just surface knowledge either. DT plumbs the depths and analyzes even the mico minutiae of the game. He's going to be terrific.
                              What I like about DT is he'll never chirp or throw out random or baseless statements without knowing he can back them up with cold hard facts. His confidence is going to do wonders for his career here in Riderville. Awesome news.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X