Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Both the CFL & CFLPA in favour of reducing number of national starters from 7 to 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RidersontheStorm View Post

Has it been stated anywhere that they will be automatically given spots on the 46 man roster or PR?
    Nothing set in stone, but it's been talked about way too often for my liking. Players should earn their spot no matter their passport IMO.

Admittedly, I've been going back and forth on the ratio as of late, but I continue going back to 15 roster and 5 starting CDN's. It's not that there isn't good CDN players, there very clearly is, the problem is there's not enough of them. I also think it's time to include QB's in the ratio - should have been done from day one IMO.

Comment

Everyone will be starting 3 American offensive linemen from now on. Our QBs need maximum protection.

Comment

Originally posted by R.J View Post
        This is what I'm looking forward to.
        Cue up the rants about Pat Stoqua and Brad Sinopoli and Brandon Bridge losing jobs to bakaru grant, video hazelton and Watford.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Ive always thought the Canadian Football League was football played in Canada. Good enough for me - I want to see good product on the field. I agree with this.

Comment

I'm in favour, but I really didn't think it would happen. Not to 5, anyway. This will be good if Halifax happens. Canadian talent is already diluted enough, adding another team is going to dilute that even further.

Comment

Just think if a team could stock up and start 4 or 5 Canadian olinemen and/or 1 candian def lineman. It would give them a pretty solid leg up.
              Last edited by Bigsexydawg; 03-16-2019, 08:49 AM.
              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Nothing set in stone, but it's been talked about way too often for my liking. Players should earn their spot no matter their passport IMO.

Admittedly, I've been going back and forth on the ratio as of late, but I continue going back to 15 roster and 5 starting CDN's. It's not that there isn't good CDN players, there very clearly is, the problem is there's not enough of them. I also think it's time to include QB's in the ratio - should have been done from day one IMO.
                Who was talking about it and where? Was this a news article where the individuals who actually make decisions discussed it, or was it a RF discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by RealAlexD View Post
                  I'm in favour, but I really didn't think it would happen. Not to 5, anyway. This will be good if Halifax happens. Canadian talent is already diluted enough, adding another team is going to dilute that even further.
                  You said this last week. It's not even a bone of contention in the bargaining! What makes you think it won't happen if both sides agree to it?

Comment

Originally posted by RealAlexD View Post
                    Good point about Halifax. The smart way to implement this change would be to maintain the current number of starters and then drop it for Halifax’s first year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                      Just think if a team could stock up and start 4 or 5 Canadian olinemen.
                      Even starting 3 would be a huge advantage now. Of course those three better be damn good due to American options for 2019 and on it appears.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                        Everyone will be starting 3 American offensive linemen from now on. Our QBs need maximum protection.
                        If you can confidently start 3-4 Canadian OL with a ratio set at 5, you are LAUGHING.

Comment

You said this last week. It's not even a bone of contention in the bargaining! What makes you think it won't happen if both sides agree to it?
                          Past history lol. I've been in favour of this for a long time, but it's just never been seriously brought to the bargaining table. I still won't believe it until I see it, but I'm liking it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RidersontheStorm View Post

Who was talking about it and where? Was this a news article where the individuals who actually make decisions discussed it, or was it a RF discussion?
                            https://3downnation.com/2018/10/04/a...yers-come-cfl/

Naylor has also brought it up, but you can look that up for yourself, and it's been discussed quite a bit on some of the other CFL forums, and this place.

Comment

Maybe this is what happens when the PA finally allows more American's to the bargaining table ?

Comment

https://3downnation.com/2018/10/04/a...yers-come-cfl/

Naylor has also brought it up, but you can look that up for yourself, and it's been discussed quite a bit on some of the other CFL forums, and this place.
                                Ok thanks I hadn't seen that article.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X