Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CFL uniforms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CFL uniforms?

This topic might already be mentioned somewhere else. With New Era coming on board has anyone heard when the new digs will be coming out. Iíve been holding off buying a new jersey but it seems they are cutting it close .

I think it was reported that no changes would happen for the 2019 season.

Comment

I've read before that the new unis (other than Montreal) won't debut until 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        I've read before that the new unis (other than Montreal) won't debut until 2020.
        Aren't BC getting new unis this year too?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Aren't BC getting new unis this year too?
          No mention of those leaked images on Chris Creamer's logo site or in it's forum. I'm beginning to think those were fake.

Comment

Really? Damn. I thought this was the year.

Iím sitting on a Willie Jefferson jersey thatís now useless and I am not thrilled about replacing it if the new ones arenít out until 2020.

Comment

No mention of those leaked images on Chris Creamer's logo site or in it's forum. I'm beginning to think those were fake.
              Wasn't it just the helmet that was changed in those images anyway ?

Comment

Originally posted by R.J View Post

Wasn't it just the helmet that was changed in those images anyway ?
                No, helmets and unis. There was never a link on the original post saying where the images came from; could've been a leak but could also just be a fan creation, who knows.

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/forum...et-jersey-leak

Comment

No, helmets and unis. There was never a link on the original post saying where the images came from; could've been a leak but could also just be a fan creation, who knows.

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/forum...et-jersey-leak
                  I was leaning towards the latter when that thread was first started. If there were changes coming the Lions would have at least started to put some teasers out there about an upcoming change and would want them to be public by now to start marketing and using them in promotions. Montreal started putting teasers for their changes out last October and announced them first week in February.

Comment

Speaking of new uniforms, I was in montreal this weekend and a high per centage of homeless people where wearing the new allouette uniforms and making soup in their helmets... is that a bad sign?

Comment

Originally posted by THE RULK View Post
                      Speaking of new uniforms, I was in montreal this weekend and a high per centage of homeless people where wearing the new allouette uniforms and making soup in their helmets... is that a bad sign?
                      Consequences soup.

Comment

Originally posted by greenemachine72 View Post
                        This topic might already be mentioned somewhere else. With New Era coming on board has anyone heard when the new digs will be coming out. Iíve been holding off buying a new jersey but it seems they are cutting it close .
                        New era starts this year, but barring I think the Als they will remain the exact same but with a New Era crest in place of Adidas. Same manufacturer and everything. Their bee line is for 2020.

at least that's what was reported at the time. Not sure if something changed or a couple teams rather wanted something different now.

I heard at one point that their sideline gear would roll out in 19 and jerseys the year after as it was their first major deal and they wanted to do live r and d
                        Last edited by Beacon.x; 03-17-2019, 01:41 AM.
                        #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

New era starts this year, but barring I think the Als they will remain the exact same but with a New Era crest in place of Adidas. Same manufacturer and everything. Their bee line is for 2020.

at least that's what was reported at the time. Not sure if something changed or a couple teams rather wanted something different now.

I heard at one point that their sideline gear would roll out in 19 and jerseys the year after as it was their first major deal and they wanted to do live r and d
                          The combine jersey template (and the Als jersey) has way different fabric panels than the Adidas jerseys, including no side panels so basically it sounds like other than Montreal, and possible BC, it will be just rebadged jerseys?
                          I wonder if the BC jersey leak was for 2020??? It had the same template as the combine jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by footballisgood View Post

The combine jersey template (and the Als jersey) has way different fabric panels than the Adidas jerseys, including no side panels so basically it sounds like other than Montreal, and possible BC, it will be just rebadged jerseys?
                            I wonder if the BC jersey leak was for 2020??? It had the same template as the combine jerseys.
                            It's also possible that things ramped upper faster than anticipated and all will get them, but that is not what wss originally laid out anyways
                            #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

It's also possible that things ramped upper faster than anticipated and all will get them, but that is not what wss originally laid out anyways
                              Perhaps. The "leaked" BC design is pretty simple though and may have been down quickly. I think teams with the different colored side panels are going to be either a different template, a change to the jersey, or sublimated fabrics, which may or may not take extra time.

Do you know what company is being outsourced to do the game jerseys? I know Ripon has basically made all game CFL game jerseys forever (no matter what company had the license) and the NFL forever too until Nike took over the contract. Even then, teams like Green Bay and New England which didn't switch to the flywire collar were being produced by Ripon. I know the replicas too get outsourced to China for the most part.

I'm curious to see what the clothes look like. New Era hats run the gamut to conservative to street culture so it will be interesting to see. I also hope that once and for all, Rider merchandise can stick with a single shade of green, but that is wishful thinking.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X