Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL draft - Riders currently sitting at #s 6 & 16 overall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Riderfan View Post

    I agree. The Riders need depth on the oline and they have patiently developed St. John. Each time you draft just a replacement there is a risk that this player may not develop. St. John I think proved all of the critics wrong when he got the opportunity to play guard last year. What we as critics ignored last year was that this guy needed some time to develop as his play in College was limited. For those who remember Best as well took some time to find his groove as he looked pretty raw and struggled during his first few years. Get this done O'Day. I know it takes two sides to get an agreement ;however, the Riders need depth and this guy apparently can play. Having St John and hopefully Shepley as some point provides vital depth and allows the Riders to Draft another player for a position of need.
    If the ratio is changing, then I don't see picking OL.
    #keepthepromise

    Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

    Comment


    • #32
      I am hoping ol and then receiver.

      Comment


      • #33
        Crapigana would be trade bait not sure what we would get for him

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post
          I am hoping ol and then receiver.
          Why would you go skill position if the ratio is changing
          #keepthepromise

          Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

            Why would you go skill position if the ratio is changing
            With the pending change, I think we need to be drafting the best athletes now, and preferably ones that will be showing up for camp.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by McGreen View Post

              I suspect the Riders have given him a take it or leave offer, so I think it depends on how other teams view JSJ.
              With the talk of a ratio change- JSJ better sign a deal somewhere quick before the CBA is done cause he may not even get a contract offer afterwards. I guess that applies to several FA national players.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

                If the ratio is changing, then I don't see picking OL.
                Looks like jsj picked the wrong year to hold out!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

                  With the talk of a ratio change- JSJ better sign a deal somewhere quick before the CBA is done cause he may not even get a contract offer afterwards. I guess that applies to several FA national players.
                  More Canadians out of work. The upside is that US employment numbers will go up.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

                    Why would you go skill position if the ratio is changing
                    It hasn't been officially changed yet. If it is then no receiver, if it is delayed till next season then Ol/Reciever/

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

                      If the ratio is changing, then I don't see picking OL.
                      I agree. Things have apparently changed or may.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Robbie Smith or Betts could be a good fit

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Will they delay the implementation of the reduced Canadians until the new team is established? As most teams have made their plans I would think that would be the logical way to go.
                          With our picks and Shepley in tow, I would be leaning towards a receiver or DLine with the first pick

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by ranmyl View Post
                            Will they delay the implementation of the reduced Canadians until the new team is established? As most teams have made their plans I would think that would be the logical way to go.
                            With our picks and Shepley in tow, I would be leaning towards a receiver or DLine with the first pick
                            To go along with your receiver comment, I listened to the latest Waggle podcast and they said this was a receiver deep draft.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

                              To go along with your receiver comment, I listened to the latest Waggle podcast and they said this was a receiver deep draft.
                              Good, receiver is a position that is a bit of a development gamble. if we get a couple maybe one will turnout.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

                                To go along with your receiver comment, I listened to the latest Waggle podcast and they said this was a receiver deep draft.
                                Given the state of our NI WR/SB and the reduction of required gametime NIs, I would love to load up at this. I'd like to get to position where we could legitimately start 2 NIs in a year and it's not a case of playing the "hide the NI" at the #6 position.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X