Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL draft - Riders currently sitting at #s 6 & 16 overall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by go riders View Post

    No. 6 & 16.

    Montreal has 2 2nd rounders and only 1 3rd round pick.
    There are only 8 picks in round 1, I think due to the supplemental draft.

    Ah right, its Hamilton that I saw had two picks in both round 2 and 3.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by RiderHard View Post

      There are only 8 picks in round 1, I think due to the supplemental draft.

      Ah right, its Hamilton that I saw had two picks in both round 2 and 3.
      Correct. Montreal used their first rounder (pick #2) selecting Tyler Johnstone in the 2018 supplemental draft. If they hadn't, we would have picks #7 & 16 in the first two rounds.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_CFL_Draft
      Pick # CFL Team
      9 Toronto Argonauts
      10 Hamilton Tiger-Cats (via Montreal[8])
      11 Hamilton Tiger-Cats
      12 Edmonton Eskimos
      13 Montreal Alouettes (via BC[9])
      14 Winnipeg Blue Bombers
      16 Saskatchewan Roughriders
      16 Montreal Alouettes (via Ottawa[10])
      17 Calgary Stampeders
      Pick # CFL Team
      18 Toronto Argonauts
      19 Montreal Alouettes
      20 Hamilton Tiger-Cats
      21 Toronto Argonauts (via Edmonton[12])
      22 Hamilton Tiger-Cats (via BC[14])
      23 Winnipeg Blue Bombers
      24 BC Lions (via Montreal[9] via Saskatchewan[11])
      25 Ottawa Redblacks
      26 Calgary Stampeders

      Round two
      • Montreal → Hamilton (PD). Montreal traded this selection and the first, 31st, and 44th overall selections in the 2018 CFL Draft to Hamilton in exchange for the second, 34th, and 56th overall picks in the 2018 CFL Draft, Ryan Bomben, and Jamal Robinson.[8]
      • BC → Montreal (PD). BC traded this selection to Montreal in exchange for Tyrell Sutton and a third-round pick in this year's draft.[9]
      • Ottawa → Montreal (PD). Ottawa traded this selection to Montreal in exchange for Chris Ackie.[10]
      Round three
      • Saskatchewan → Montreal (PD). Saskatchewan traded this selection, Tevaughn Campbell, and a third-round pick in the 2018 CFL Draft to Montreal for Vernon Adams and a fifth-round pick in the 2018 CFL Draft.[11]
      • Edmonton → Toronto (PD). Edmonton traded this selection to Toronto in exchange for Martese Jackson and a conditional sixth-round pick in the 2020 CFL Draft.[12]
      • Montreal → BC (PD). Montreal traded this selection and Tyrell Sutton to BC in exchange for a second-round pick in this year's draft.[9]
      • BC → Hamilton (PD). BC traded this selection to Hamilton in exchange for a sixth-round pick in this year's draft and Davon Coleman.[13] This was originally a fourth-round pick, but was revealed to be a third-round pick when the official draft order was released.[4]

      Comment


      • #18
        Nothing like Jones leaving us short handed on picks AGAIN.

        Comment


        • #19
          I'd love for us to come away with Mathieu Betts but I'm guessing he will be long gone by #6 if he stays in the CFL.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by melonhead View Post
            I'd love for us to come away with Mathieu Betts but I'm guessing he will be long gone by #6 if he stays in the CFL.
            No way the Bombers let Betts get pass them if he is even available when their picks come up. Their going OL/DL in round one.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post
              I really hope we resign JSJ, for depth and I think he is finally able to step up and contribute... it would suck to have carried him along for 3 years and get no benefit from his progress.
              Imho, I don't think JSJ has any intention of signing with the Riders. If he plays at all I think it's in the east.
              ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Mallard View Post

                Imho, I don't think JSJ has any intention of signing with the Riders. If he plays at all I think it's in the east.
                I suspect the Riders have given him a take it or leave offer, so I think it depends on how other teams view JSJ.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by McGreen View Post

                  I suspect the Riders have given him a take it or leave offer, so I think it depends on how other teams view JSJ.
                  right now it seems like both need each other. Im surprised we have not been able to strike a deal. I sure wish we would get it done.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Mack David View Post

                    No way the Bombers let Betts get pass them if he is even available when their picks come up. Their going OL/DL in round one.
                    Yep unless he has big NFL interest I cant see him sliding to us. Bombers would be a logical choice but I think the kid will be able to earn reps on any team.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by greenale View Post

                      right now it seems like both need each other. Im surprised we have not been able to strike a deal. I sure wish we would get it done.
                      Considering his choice of agent, I would have been surprised if we had struck a deal.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        #6 - receiver Justin McInnis (Arkansas State) - big 6-6 target who was productive in Div I ball; or maybe K-J Grant (StFX) - another big target and also athletic receiver; # 16 - an O-line prospect from a pretty decent group this year (top 5 or so at this position group will be gone by then ?). And both guys can compete for: best scenario = playing time right away, or - make the roster as solid depth guys.
                        Last edited by CC Ryder; 03-15-2019, 09:11 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          IMO, draft the best player possible.

                          If the players are close, then we need a NI WR/SB and then start stocking that OL/DL cupboard. I wouldn't entertain trades unless we get picks or NIs out of any deal.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by greenale View Post

                            right now it seems like both need each other. Im surprised we have not been able to strike a deal. I sure wish we would get it done.
                            I agree. The Riders need depth on the oline and they have patiently developed St. John. Each time you draft just a replacement there is a risk that this player may not develop. St. John I think proved all of the critics wrong when he got the opportunity to play guard last year. What we as critics ignored last year was that this guy needed some time to develop as his play in College was limited. For those who remember Best as well took some time to find his groove as he looked pretty raw and struggled during his first few years. Get this done O'Day. I know it takes two sides to get an agreement ;however, the Riders need depth and this guy apparently can play. Having St John and hopefully Shepley as some point provides vital depth and allows the Riders to Draft another player for a position of need.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Riderfan View Post

                              I agree. The Riders need depth on the oline and they have patiently developed St. John. Each time you draft just a replacement there is a risk that this player may not develop. St. John I think proved all of the critics wrong when he got the opportunity to play guard last year. What we as critics ignored last year was that this guy needed some time to develop as his play in College was limited. For those who remember Best as well took some time to find his groove as he looked pretty raw and struggled during his first few years. Get this done O'Day. I know it takes two sides to get an agreement ;however, the Riders need depth and this guy apparently can play. Having St John and hopefully Shepley as some point provides vital depth and allows the Riders to Draft another player for a position of need.
                              agreed %100

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Try to trade draft picks now to a desperate CFL team ? The value of draft picks will go way down, but there might still be a team or two that really want at least one or two guys in a draft year.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X