Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL draft - Riders currently sitting at #s 6 & 16 overall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFL draft - Riders currently sitting at #s 6 & 16 overall

Who / what positions do they look at ?

A very good receiver or O-line prospect should be up still at #6; probably also for both at #16 ? Maybe a DT or safety prospect at #16 ?

Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post
    Who / what positions do they look at ?

A very good receiver or O-line prospect should be up still at #6; probably also for both at #16 ? Maybe a DT or safety prospect at #16 ?
    We have two young Canadian DTs (Breton, Mafusa) so unless someone stands out, I am thinking we go WR or DB at #16. If a promising OL is sitting there I think the top two Rider picks will be OL, especially if Shepley and JSJ are not signed.

Comment

I think they go OL then WR/DB with first 2 picks. O'Day has to hit this out of the park. We need guys that can come in a bit in 2019 and show something and will be key contributors in 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to back OL. Blue is up in age, Clark and Bladek are both FAs after this season, no JSJ, no Shepley (yet).

Comment

Originally posted by RealAlexD View Post
        I think they go OL then WR/DB with first 2 picks. O'Day has to hit this out of the park. We need guys that can come in a bit in 2019 and show something and will be key contributors in 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to back OL. Blue is up in age, Clark and Bladek are both FAs after this season, no JSJ, no Shepley (yet).
        Did JSJ sign somewhere?

Comment

Really depends on what the ratio philosophy is. If they are going 1 at WR, then don't draft there. I'd look at one of a couple athletic QB in a late round and convert to WR. Otherwise, for 1 WR, you buy in free agency.

I think you need a good feel on the LBs as well. Can you bring a guy like Judge back? How is Teitz forecast to progress? You actually might need another LB, as crazy as that sounds. Depending how things look there, I'm thinking OL and LB unless someone clearly stands out elsewhere. The one thing that might sway that is new staff comfort level with Radford at S
          #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

OL is a must as of today

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
              OL is a must as of today
              With Bladek's injury, if the don't sign JSJ and Shepley, I agree.

Comment

Let us all hope that with Jones gone we draft better than we did while he was here.

Comment

With O'Day you have to believe drafting O-line will be front and center.

Comment

We've had our fine with the "flyer" picks of guys with real shots of making NFL teams. Time for us to use our top picks on guys who will be able to come to camp and potentially contribute this year

Comment

Originally posted by mfranc View Post
                      With O'Day you have to believe drafting O-line will be front and center.
                      Meaning he will draft a centre?

Comment

I really hope we resign JSJ, for depth and I think he is finally able to step up and contribute... it would suck to have carried him along for 3 years and get no benefit from his progress.

Comment

Isn't it 6 and 15 overall not 16?
                          What kind of Return could we get with the #6 Pick?
                          Could we trade down with Montreal who has 4 picks in rounds 2/3?

Comment

Originally posted by McGreen View Post

Did JSJ sign somewhere?
                            Still a free agent

Comment

Originally posted by RiderHard View Post
                              Isn't it 6 and 15 overall not 16?
                              What kind of Return could we get with the #6 Pick?
                              Could we trade down with Montreal who has 4 picks in rounds 2/3?
                              No. 6 & 16.

Montreal has 2 2nd rounders and only 1 3rd round pick.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X