Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macho Harris Signs a 1-day to Retire a Rider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe signing Bouka. That would jazz things up

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
      You don't want to hear the high pitched squeal of glee from every casual fan, Aunt and Mom in the province that would occur with a Dressler signing.
      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
        For the injured list?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Bobby Jurasin called.................
          That one has finally died out, thank God.
          Last edited by Tyree; 03-14-2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

You don't want to hear the high pitched squeal of glee from every casual fan, Aunt and Mom in the province that would occur with a Dressler signing.
            I wanna know when this is gonna happen so I can buy stocks in Depends. A lot of old girls getting excited would mean money!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              That'll do, Riders. That'll do.

Macho played 44 games for the team. I can think of zero defining plays or games in his career. He's not a fan favourite. He's not a game changer. He's a dude who played 44 games over several years. He hasn't played football in 2 years and 99.999% of us assumed he'd already filed his retirement paperwork.

I'm all for one day deals, but they should be reserved for long term guys, or impact guys, or fan favourites. They should mean something. But Macho Harris? Come on, man. To me, this is a guy who is getting his name back in the spotlight so I will remember who he is when I go to buy a car.
              https://youtu.be/geMDCeX0iwU

Comment

I actually don't think Weston Dressler is finished. It's going to be all about pricetag and role with him for a team. If he takes quite a reduction and resolves to be more of a depth guy and not be a starter, he can still help several teams imo.

Comment

Congratulations Macho. I hope life after football is treating you well.

Comment

Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckRider View Post

Hahahahahahahahahahhaa, classic!

For us, not you.
                      After owning the Bombers in the LDC for years, he found a way to screw them over one more time. Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by IMWT View Post
                        When Is Darian going to sign his one day contract I wonder? Probably wants a 75k signing bonus.
                        LDC. So he can thank the Bombers at the same time.
                        #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                          So is the contract guaranteed?
                          Just till Sundown.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            That'll do, Riders. That'll do.

Macho played 44 games for the team. I can think of zero defining plays or games in his career. He's not a fan favourite. He's not a game changer. He's a dude who played 44 games over several years. He hasn't played football in 2 years and 99.999% of us assumed he'd already filed his retirement paperwork.

I'm all for one day deals, but they should be reserved for long term guys, or impact guys, or fan favourites. They should mean something. But Macho Harris? Come on, man. To me, this is a guy who is getting his name back in the spotlight so I will remember who he is when I go to buy a car.
                            Personally I think the whole 1 day contract thing to retire as a player of whatever team is corny to begin with unless the player spent like a decade or more with that particular team before winding down their career elsewhere. In this era of salary caps and fre agency guys spending a long career all in the same place are becoming a scarce commodity. However when journeyman calibre players start doing it after 3 or 4 years in one spot it seems to be getting a bit out of hand and in a fashion taking away some of the meaning it has for the long time players who do it. But hey if it makes the player feel good I can't hold it against them. I read that Harris remains living in Regina so obviously his time as a Rider meant a lot to him personally

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                              I was pretty excited when we picked up him, I like DBs who can also play the physical game. It never really panned out. He was pretty solid the first half if 2013 when the team went on the 8-1 run. In the 2nd half I don't know if he got hurt or in Chamblin's dog house but he was out of the lineup after that. He was frustrating to watch in 2015 as he was that guy who went for the big hit all the time and missed way too many tackles. Even the 3 int game that year is diminished somewhat as it came late in the year against Montreal and was 2 bad teams playing out the string.

All that being said, if he wanted to do the one day thing and retire a Rider, awesome. Why should there be any anger or hurt feelings over it?
                              I was pumped as well when the Riders signed him. I recall his interview with Rome when he was still on college prior to the NFL draft then when we picked him up I was pumped. One of the best names in football which was play of the reason I recalled him.
                              Last edited by AngryAccountant; 03-14-2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I remember 3 picks in one game and one going for a pick 6.
                                It was against Montreal and I was there to watch it. Rarely has a less deserving player ever had 3 interceptions in a single game. One was on a badly underthrown ball to a receiver that had cleanly beat Harris. Another was a pop-fly thrown to an area where Harris was the only player anywhere near it. I can't remember details of the 3rd but it wasn't anything special either.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X