Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macho Harris Signs a 1-day to Retire a Rider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. Iím glad he enjoyed his time with Riders enough to want to.

Comment

I was pretty excited when we picked up him, I like DBs who can also play the physical game. It never really panned out. He was pretty solid the first half if 2013 when the team went on the 8-1 run. In the 2nd half I don't know if he got hurt or in Chamblin's dog house but he was out of the lineup after that. He was frustrating to watch in 2015 as he was that guy who went for the big hit all the time and missed way too many tackles. Even the 3 int game that year is diminished somewhat as it came late in the year against Montreal and was 2 bad teams playing out the string.

All that being said, if he wanted to do the one day thing and retire a Rider, awesome. Why should there be any anger or hurt feelings over it?

Comment

I liked Macho and nice to see that he valued his time as a Rider. I must have slipped into a time warp as I thought he retired many years ago. Good luck in the future Macho, thanks for the memories.

Comment

Originally posted by gchef View Post
          Article does say he and his family still live in Regina, so it must of meant something for Macho to retire a Rider.
          anyone know what he does for work in YQR ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post

He didn't play in that game.
            Neither did the training staff or equipment people. Bet they were considered part of the team and organization in 2013
            Press here to reset

Comment

Good for Macho, he was also good up on the big screen at Mosaic. Classic skit.

No Macho appreciation thread started?
              Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Canyon11 View Post
                Is there a dumber tradition in sports than the "1 day retirement" contract?
                Fans clamoring for player X to be made a coach after retirement because he's a fan favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by C.M.Burns View Post

Fans clamoring for player X to be made a coach after retirement because he's a fan favorite.
                  Bobby Jurasin called.................
                  Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

It was this or retire a Blue Bomber so can ya blame the guy?

Thanks to those that mentioned the 3 Int game. I had forgotten about that. Cheers Macho man!

Comment

When Is Darian going to sign his one day contract I wonder? Probably wants a 75k signing bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by IMWT View Post
                        When Is Darian going to sign his one day contract I wonder? Probably wants a 75k signing bonus.
                        He'll sign and then 2 hours into the day say he can't fulfill the whole day because of injury.

Comment

If I was in Peg organisation, heaven forbid, I'd block it by keeping him retired / suspended list.
                          CBA please.

Comment

I can't wait for Shomarshmallow Williams to sign a one day contract to retire a Rider.

Comment

Not going to pour water on such things. It's actually a classy thing to do and announce these retirings. It's more meaningful to me when it's someone like T-Jack though than Macho Harris but it's classy nonetheless.

That being said, I think most of us are waiting on more substantive developments that can benefit the team now. Such as, for instance, say a JSJ re-signing, or a Dakoda Shepley signing with the team to augment some badly needed CDN OL depth. Or the team adding to it's cast of CDN receivers. Or signings that help in other areas.

These are the things most of us are waiting for, methinks.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahhaa, classic!

For us, not you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X