Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macho Harris Signs a 1-day to Retire a Rider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve04 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I was a big Macho Harris fan, but hardly seems like the type of impact player or fan favorite to bring in on a one day contract.

https://www.riderville.com/2019/03/1...es-retirement/
    Grey Cup champion rates the respect.

Thanks, Macho.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

He arguably could be as Plaza worthy as some of the current membership.
      I know , the plaza makes me laugh. When does Glenn January get in ? Lol. I think they are running out of good players to induct. Maybe they should hold the ceremony once every 5 years.
      sorry to get off topic.

Comment

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I always looked at it as a team honoring a player that had an impact in the franchise, whether on the field or with the fans, and treating it more as a PR move. It's interesting to look at it more from the player perspective.
        For some players it's a better feeling to have closure rather than just fading away in obscurity.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

For some players it's a better feeling to have closure rather than just fading away in obscurity.
          The guy wanted to retire a Rider, I don't have a problem with it.

Comment

He arguably could be as Plaza worthy as some of the current membership.
            Baseball has the Mendoza line, the Plazoo has the Laurie Skolrood line.

Comment

I'm pretty sure these contracts don't cost the team anything, so why not if the player asks? The only thing harmed is keyboard-whiner feelings and that happens no matter what the team does or doesn't do. Plus It counters the "no one wants to play in Sask" blather you sometimes hear.

Comment

Article does say he and his family still live in Regina, so it must of meant something for Macho to retire a Rider.

Comment

I am just glad I heard something about the riders. I was beginning to wonder if we still have a team or not hardly heard a peep since the second day of free agency. I was starting to suspect a refund on my season tickets pretty soon. Great news we are still living! Thx Macho!

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Was going to point that out as well.

he is an unlikely candidate for the Plazza, but any player who moves on and still wants to retire a Rider is pretty cool to me, and a big sign of respect
                    Yep. I'm with ya here too Beacon.

Glad that O'Day and the group would grant this. There's no negative to the team and it likely means an awful lot to the player.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

Grey Cup champion rates the respect.

Thanks, Macho.
                      He didn't play in that game.

Comment

I liked Macho...he had the 3 int game and had some big hits as well...glad he can retire a Rider
                        Simply amazing Riders...Simply...Facking...Amazing!

Comment

I didn't know he still lived here.
                          Is it May yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Canyon11 View Post
                            Is there a dumber tradition in sports than the "1 day retirement" contract?
                            How about "consecutive games catching at least one pass" (the first one of the game for minus yardage)
                            ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

Once a Rider...

one of the more memorable names too.

Cheers.

Comment

I was reading some of the social media responses to the Riders announcement, and a few people pointed out the same thing. It says a lot about the city and the organization that players want to retire as a Rider. I definitely can't disagree with that, just as an organization, with a player like Macho Harris, it begs the question of what is the cut-off for a player signing a 1 day to retire with the Riders?
                                Imo the cutoff is making a 44 or not. It is s nominal effort thing.
                                #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X