Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macho Harris Signs a 1-day to Retire a Rider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macho Harris Signs a 1-day to Retire a Rider

Don't get me wrong, I was a big Macho Harris fan, but hardly seems like the type of impact player or fan favorite to bring in on a one day contract.

https://www.riderville.com/2019/03/1...es-retirement/

Is this for real?? Lol.

Well.... good for Macho. It says that playing here meant something to him I guess.

Comment

That'll do, Riders. That'll do.

Macho played 44 games for the team. I can think of zero defining plays or games in his career. He's not a fan favourite. He's not a game changer. He's a dude who played 44 games over several years. He hasn't played football in 2 years and 99.999% of us assumed he'd already filed his retirement paperwork.

I'm all for one day deals, but they should be reserved for long term guys, or impact guys, or fan favourites. They should mean something. But Macho Harris? Come on, man. To me, this is a guy who is getting his name back in the spotlight so I will remember who he is when I go to buy a car.

Last edited by Andy; 03-14-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post

Macho played 44 games for the team. I can think of zero defining plays or games in his career. He's not a fan favourite. He's not a game changer. He's a dude who played 44 games over several years.

I'm all for one day deals for long term guys, or impact guys, or fan favourites. But Macho Harris? Come on, man.
        I think he had a 3 INT game once for us?

Generally id agree though but I donít see any harm in it. He loved it here, believe he met his wife here etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Generally id agree though but I donít see any harm in it. He loved it here, believe he met his wife here etc.
          Maybe that's right? I dunno. I think he only has 4 picks, total, so that just shows how much of an impact he made in his other 43.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post

Macho played 44 games for the team. I can think of zero defining plays or games in his career. He's not a fan favourite. He's not a game changer. He's a dude who played 44 games over several years. He hasn't played football in 2 years and 99.999% of us assumed he'd already filed his retirement paperwork.

I'm all for one day deals, but they should be reserved for long term guys, or impact guys, or fan favourites. They should mean something. But Macho Harris? Come on, man. To me, this is a guy who is getting his name back in the spotlight so I will remember who he is when I go to buy a car.
            I remember 3 picks in one game and one going for a pick 6.

Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Was going to point that out as well.

he is an unlikely candidate for the Plazza, but any player who moves on and still wants to retire a Rider is pretty cool to me, and a big sign of respect
              #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

So is the contract guaranteed?

Comment

Always respect those who chose to retire as a Rider and chose to remain in this community. Congratulations Macho and thank you for your service on the field..

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

he is an unlikely candidate for the Plazza, but any player who moves on and still wants to retire a Rider is pretty cool to me, and a big sign of respect
                    I was reading some of the social media responses to the Riders announcement, and a few people pointed out the same thing. It says a lot about the city and the organization that players want to retire as a Rider. I definitely can't disagree with that, just as an organization, with a player like Macho Harris, it begs the question of what is the cut-off for a player signing a 1 day to retire with the Riders?

Comment

Is there a dumber tradition in sports than the "1 day retirement" contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

I agree. Just because he wasn't a popular player from some of the fan base or his play and numbers weren't seen as positive doesn't mean he can't retire a Rider and nobody, including the team, should stand in his way. If one wants to discuss the career that's fair, but it should have no bearing on deciding who should or shouldn't retire as a Rider.

Comment

Straight to the plaza , hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenwall View Post
                            Straight to the plaza , hahaha.
                            He arguably could be as Plaza worthy as some of the current membership.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I agree. Just because he wasn't a popular player from some of the fan base or his play and numbers weren't seen as positive doesn't mean he can't retire a Rider and nobody, including the team, should stand in his way. If one wants to discuss the career that's fair, but it should have no bearing on deciding who should or shouldn't retire as a Rider.
                              That's an interesting way of looking at it. I always looked at it as a team honoring a player that had an impact in the franchise, whether on the field or with the fans, and treating it more as a PR move. It's interesting to look at it more from the player perspective.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X