Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders Free Agency Recap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I listened to the Sportscage on the way home from work this evening. Jeff Knox was a guest and said he has reached out to the Riders about a potential return but has not heard back. Does anyone know why the Riders would be hesitant to sign Knox? Knox also said he is done with the NFL and would like to finish his career in the CFL, preferably with the Riders.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrdiehard View Post
      I listened to the Sportscage on the way home from work this evening. Jeff Knox was a guest and said he has reached out to the Riders about a potential return but has not heard back. Does anyone know why the Riders would be hesitant to sign Knox? Knox also said he is done with the NFL and would like to finish his career in the CFL, preferably with the Riders.
      They think they have an equal player on the roster for less money would be my guess. He also may not fit with what Shivers wants to do.

Comment

I listened to the Sportscage on the way home from work this evening. Jeff Knox was a guest and said he has reached out to the Riders about a potential return but has not heard back. Does anyone know why the Riders would be hesitant to sign Knox? Knox also said he is done with the NFL and would like to finish his career in the CFL, preferably with the Riders.
        Would be interesting when he reached out, whether it was yesterday or 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Knox did not give exact details, but he sounded as if he was waiting for the Riders, and that two other CFL teams had approached him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Would be interesting when he reached out, whether it was yesterday or 2 weeks ago.
            Likely a while ago - because this isn't the first time he's mentioned it

Comment

• Originally posted by lester View Post

They think they have an equal player on the roster for less money would be my guess. He also may not fit with what Shivers wants to do.
              That is likely the case, too expensive and not a good fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGreen View Post

That is likely the case, too expensive and not a good fit.
                What's funny about fan/message boards is a lot of fans/posters throw out "we should" for a player when the Coaches and GM's may not value or desire the said player. That's not saying the fans/posters are wrong in concluding the said player is a good player, but sometimes behind the scenes and to quote Lemmy from Motorhead, "....Nothing's ever what it seems" in many cases.

Lest anyone conclude I am throwing stones at glass houses I have also been guilty of questioning why certain players being brought in should be a slam dunk. Heck I thought the Riders should be all in Jonny Jennings...lol.
                Last edited by Bigsexydawg; 03-22-2019, 08:36 AM.
                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Brooks signed in Edmonton, I thought he got good push on the d-line Riders didn't seem to want him either

Comment

• Originally posted by alaskafan View Post
                    Brooks signed in Edmonton, I thought he got good push on the d-line Riders didn't seem to want him either
                    Micah Johnson is that player and I suspect Evans is one of the starting Canadians, reduction or no reduction. They probably have younger and cheaper guys in mind versus signing a Brooks. Good player but wrong place, wrong time.
                    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

What's funny about fan/message boards is a lot of fans/posters throw out "we should" for a player when the Coaches and GM's may not value or desire the said player. That's not saying the fans/posters are wrong in concluding the said player is a good player, but sometimes behind the scenes and to quote Lemmy from Motorhead, "....Nothing's ever what it seems" in many cases.

Lest anyone conclude I am throwing stones at glass houses I have also been guilty of questioning why certain players being brought in should be a slam dunk. Heck I thought the Riders should be all in Jonny Jennings...lol.
                      You know my thoughts on the subject...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Micah Johnson is that player and I suspect Evans is one of the starting Canadians, reduction or no reduction. They probably have younger and cheaper guys in mind versus signing a Brooks. Good player but wrong place, wrong time.
                        Brooks was a good addition last year and when healthy a difference maker however hes certainly not Micah Johnson so from that perspective we upgraded the middle of the line.

Comment

• Thought Brooks would be a good back-up for Brooks but that Edwards guy sounds interesting .. played 25 games in the NFL, can't be all bad. O'Day is beefing up the trenches

Comment

The Rider may be waiting out the CBA before investing too much in an area they may feel is a strength, or have options at.... that said Knox was a beast when he played for us.,.. but that was a few seasons ago...

Comment

• Originally posted by alaskafan View Post
                              Thought Brooks would be a good back-up for Brooks but that Edwards guy sounds interesting .. played 25 games in the NFL, can't be all bad. O'Day is beefing up the trenches
                              Brooks is probably pretty expensive as a vet and an import to boot to keep around as a backup

Comment

Knox did not give exact details, but he sounded as if he was waiting for the Riders, and that two other CFL teams had approached him.
                                Expected level of pay versus expected level of play. It has to make sense for both parties.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X