Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders Free Agency Recap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Oracle View Post

    Indeed it does, but then all of the other teams will have an extra 300K to get better at non-QB positions. as well. I get that we all want a premier QB, but we can't all have one so we strengthen where we can.
    The Riders tried to get a top tier qb. So one can blame them for not being successful but they canít be blamed for not trying.

    I would have preferred Jennings over Collaros is my point of contention but Jennings wasnít without critics and risk.

    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

      Why? If they don't see jennings as a QB they are interested in, then they don't see him as a QB they are interested in. If there is any truth at all to what Hervey went public with, then he is definitely not the guy for Mac's O and I don't blame any GM for shying away.
      our team needed a guy who can go in, stay upright, make some plays.

      bridge couldnt do it, collaros has health issues.

      collaros became odays go to after the futile play for BLM.

      Maybe our backup will surprise, i have no doubt he will get alot of playing time.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by greenale View Post

        so then you are on board with having ZC or Jennings type QB's and never having the "premier" ones? Always going to be in the tier 2 range for QB's
        Riders havenít had a premiere or elite qb since Kent Austin. The reason is twofold...1) veteran established elite quarterbacks never want to play in Saskatchewan 2) in general, the franchise is incompetent at finding quarterbacks to groom. Itís not that the team of fans donít want them.
        Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Vegas View Post

          our team needed a guy who can go in, stay upright, make some plays.

          bridge couldnt do it, collaros has health issues.

          collaros became odays go to after the futile play for BLM.

          Maybe our backup will surprise, i have no doubt he will get alot of playing time.
          I'd rather roll the dice with someone new if there is an once of truth to what Hervey said. If it was an offense with more room for adlibbing it might be different, but it is not. If he is not willing to put in the work (supposedly) then he would be a mess with a Mcadoo scheme. IMO Fajardo has a lackluster arm, but he actually ran a loosely similar offense in Nevada. Maybe they crash and burn, but find someone worth developing. Considering the professional relationship the staff has had with Jackson, maybe, just maybe, they are getting the story and decided to pass. Or who knows, maybe that don't talk anymore?
          #keepthepromise

          Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Oracle View Post

            Did you consider Durant a premier QB back in the day? I consider Reilly and Mitchell elite and Harris and Durant (in his prime) good.... so by my personal definition of premier, then yes, I can live with tier 2 and the savings that go with it.

            As to Collaros, it's his concussions that worry me and not his skill set.
            Yes DD was a top 3 QB and #1 in the playoffs.

            ZC has not shown much skillset either and zero doubt that he will get injured.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

              The Riders tried to get a top tier qb. So one can blame them for not being successful but they canít be blamed for not trying.

              I would have preferred Jennings over Collaros is my point of contention but Jennings wasnít without critics and risk.
              Yup

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

                I have to admit I was surprised that we didn't get in the mix for Jennings. To me, he was worth a shot. Because we are going to need extreme luck hoping that Collaros stays healthy. I suspect we pound the rock a lot next year and minimize hits on him.
                ...Indeed..A real head scratcher..Why the no interest in a QB with 44 starts under his belt???
                ...Made a whole lot of sense to let Zach n JJ battle it out in camp...
                ...Water under the bridge now (No pun intended)...
                ...If/When Zach goes down...Hopefully Cody can step up and take the mantle...
                ...In Jeremy we trust....No???...

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by MidNite Rider View Post

                  ...Indeed..A real head scratcher..Why the no interest in a QB with 44 starts under his belt???
                  ...Made a whole lot of sense to let Zach n JJ battle it out in camp...
                  ...Water under the bridge now (No pun intended)...
                  ...If/When Zach goes down...Hopefully Cody can step up and take the mantle...
                  ...In Jeremy we trust....No???...
                  It would have been Zack or Jennings. I donít think the cap would have been possible with both. Jennings was negotiating starter salary only with both Argos and Redblacks.

                  Neither Collaros or Jennings would have signed knowing there was another QB on the roster with a starting salary. Your chance of sticking with the team is greatly reduced.
                  Last edited by Fullhouse; 03-16-2019, 12:48 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

                    It would have been Zack or Jennings. I donít think the cap would have been possible with both. Jennings was negotiating starter salary only with both Argos and Redblacks.

                    Neither Collaros or Jennings would have signed knowing there was another QB on the roster with a starting salary. Your chance of sticking with the team is greatly reduced.
                    Toronto isnt without a qb, in fact they compare rather favorably to our own.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Vegas View Post

                      Toronto isnt without a qb, in fact they compare rather favorably to our own.
                      They are better. Iíd sooner James Franklin to Zack Collaros.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

                        They are better. Iíd sooner James Franklin to Zack Collaros.
                        For sure ...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

                          It would have been Zack or Jennings. I donít think the cap would have been possible with both. Jennings was negotiating starter salary only with both Argos and Redblacks.

                          Neither Collaros or Jennings would have signed knowing there was another QB on the roster with a starting salary. Your chance of sticking with the team is greatly reduced.
                          ...Pay JJ his $250,000...Pay Zach his $300,000 ... And still save $250,000 off your Cap...
                          ...How is that you ask???...By not signing Bovine...2 QBs for less than the price of one..
                          ...Bonus being...If your unhappy with either one cut em..That no guaranteed contract thingy...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MidNite Rider View Post

                            ...Pay JJ his $250,000...Pay Zach his $300,000 ... And still save $250,000 off your Cap...
                            ...How is that you ask???...By not signing Bovine...2 QBs for less than the price of one..
                            ...Bonus being...If your unhappy with either one cut em..That no guaranteed contract thingy...
                            Your assuming both JJ and Collaros would have agreed to sign with the Riders.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

                              Your assuming both JJ and Collaros would have agreed to sign with the Riders.
                              ...Yup...But at the very least show some interest ...
                              ...Put an offer on the table....Geez...

                              Comment


                              • Wondering why the delay in Chris Ackie finding a home?

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X