Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders Free Agency Recap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I thought he would one of the ones who would turn a frown upside down with Jones leaving. It appears his beef is higher up.
    I think that line you liked that Jeremy stated at the initial presser ended the honeymoon

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

I think that line you liked that Jeremy stated at the initial presser ended the honeymoon
      What was that? Refresh my memory......

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

What was that? Refresh my memory......
        No interest in his boy DD.

Comment

Originally posted by hospitalbed View Post

No interest in his boy DD.
          Ah yes. My bad.

Comment

The one QB move where our management can be taken to task on is if Collaros struggles / misses a tonne of games and Jennings lights it up in Ottawa or is decidedly better than Collaros. That's one free agent QB that was very realistically attainable if we went after him.

Comment

The one QB move where our management can be taken to task on is if Collaros struggles / misses a tonne of games and Jennings lights it up in Ottawa or is decidedly better than Collaros. That's one free agent QB that was very realistically attainable if we went after him.
              I have to admit I was surprised that we didn't get in the mix for Jennings. To me, he was worth a shot. Because we are going to need extreme luck hoping that Collaros stays healthy. I suspect we pound the rock a lot next year and minimize hits on him.
              Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

I have to admit I was surprised that we didn't get in the mix for Jennings. To me, he was worth a shot. Because we are going to need extreme luck hoping that Collaros stays healthy. I suspect we pound the rock a lot next year and minimize hits on him.
                100% expect this to be the case. Much like last year, I expect our offense will rely a ton on the run game and short yardage high percentage throws.

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post

100% expect this to be the case. Much like last year, I expect our offense will rely a ton on the run game and short yardage high percentage throws.
                  Hopefully we can hit a few deep ones this year though...last year was the worst I have ever seen on any Rider team for tossing deep balls. Not one deep ball was tossed in stride...and the only one that did bounced off the receiver's facemask on the goal line.
                  Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post

Perhaps you are right that Harris should have been the primary target, I'm just not of the belief that he is worth what he will be paid this year. We'll find out soon enough.
                    I値l go on record and predict that Harris will lead the league in passing this year and prove to be very good value for his 550k.

Comment

Do you think we壇 be better off with Jennings? I知 not sure, but our options were slim once we missed out on Bo & Jennings had signed in Ottawa!

Comment

Originally posted by Pencilvester View Post

I値l go on record and predict that Harris will lead the league in passing this year and prove to be very good value for his 550k.
                        You have more faith in Harris than I do! He may prove me wrong but for the money we committed to Collaros, if he stays healthy he can be as good if not better than Harris! Just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by The Grog View Post

Do you think we壇 be better off with Jennings? I知 not sure, but our options were slim once we missed out on Bo & Jennings had signed in Ottawa!
                          I think Jennings was a gamble too. I was just referring to a lot of people who thought ODay dropped the ball by not getting one of the big three which i don't think is the case. If Jennings out-performs Collaros I think it's a fair criticism that we screwed up on that decision.

Comment

Perhaps he will with Maas guiding him. There are some big differences between Harris and Reilly though. For instance, Harris seems to fold when he gets hit a couple of times, whereas Reilly keeps grinding. Also, Harris has never shown the ability to carry a team on his back like Reilly. Then there's the running ability....

There's a reason why Reilly's contract is a lot richer than Harris', but having said that, I do think he is likely the third best QB in the CFL at this time.... just not 550K worth.
                            Riderfans - Came for the info... stayed for the drama.

Comment

So he was Happy for 3-4 minutes.
                              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Of course you will.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X