Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alouettes are up for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider_Stronson
    started a topic Alouettes are up for sale

Alouettes are up for sale

• Magnum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Magnum
    replied
    https://www.tsn.ca/clifford-starke-s...ttes-1.1321154

"I've shown more than enough financial backing, with cash or securities, to give comfort to the entire board of governors," Starke said in a telephone interview. "There's no question about our financial ability, there are no issues financially at all.

"I've emailed it directly to Randy Ambrosie with a couple of changes in the term sheet."

The CFL wasn't immediately available for comment.

Starke, 35, is the chair of Hampstead Private Capital and has acted as a consultant, adviser and/or director to more than 15 publicly listed companies.

According to a league source, Montreal natives Peter and Jeffrey Lenkov head up a partnership that's currently doing its due diligence on the Alouettes. Peter Lenkov, 55, is a producer in Hollywood while Jeffrey Lenkov, 53, is a lawyer practising in California.

The source was granted anonymity because he's not authorized to speak on the deal.

Leave a comment:

• go riders
    replied
    Bidding war?

Leave a comment:

• gilligan
    replied
    I am wondering if this is leaking because it is a done deal. He's in Edmonton for some unspecified reason, and he had nothing about the Als on his Twitter until cryptically posting a photo of the Als today.

Until TSN posted their story, there was no public indication the Lenkov brothers were looking to buy the team. Both sides kept a lid on it pretty good. If they kept it quiet all that time, it seems like it wouldn't leak now unless things were nearly done.

Leave a comment:

• Bleeding Green
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnum View Post
    I would say definitely.

Leave a comment:

• Magnum
    replied
    MMMMMM............Friday Nite Football?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BygoJO3g...=11bo70j7wnvox

Leave a comment:

• gilligan
    replied
    Chances are that his brother would be the more directly involved of the two owners, given his sport law experience.

Leave a comment:

• carmen16
    replied
    Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

I canít see him having much time to run the Als.
    I don't want an owner who wants to run the Als. I want owners who hire the right people and let the football people run the team.

Leave a comment:

• Cflgridiron
    replied
    Originally posted by gilligan View Post

We finally know who the mystery fourth group is.

The good news is that Peter Lenkov knows how to reboot successful franchises (he's the TV producer behind the Hawaii Five-0, MacGyver, and Magnum PI reboots). More good news is that he isn't spouting off like an idiot on Twitter like Guzzo.
    I canít see him having much time to run the Als.

Leave a comment:

• gilligan
    replied
    Originally posted by go riders View Post
    We finally know who the mystery fourth group is.

The good news is that Peter Lenkov knows how to reboot successful franchises (he's the TV producer behind the Hawaii Five-0, MacGyver, and Magnum PI reboots). More good news is that he isn't spouting off like an idiot on Twitter like Guzzo.

Leave a comment:

• Mcintosh
    replied
    Man all of these interested ownership parties have zero sports ownership experience

Leave a comment:

• RDavidson
    replied
    Originally posted by gilligan View Post
    Can't remember where I read about the stadium leases, but it seems like it was untrue. The only way it could still be true, according to that article, is if it was 10 years plus some sort of option to extend another 10. The news often reports the simplified version, but sometimes the deals have more to them than that.

I find it more likely that someone is spewing BS about the situation. Given the tire fire going on with the team, it is so believable that it would be true that it gets passed on by more and more people (like I just did).
    IMO, some groups are passing, but watching from the sidelines and willing to come back in once the price comes down more. There won't be any bidding wars for Kavis' services.

Leave a comment:

• gilligan
    replied
    Can't remember where I read about the stadium leases, but it seems like it was untrue. The only way it could still be true, according to that article, is if it was 10 years plus some sort of option to extend another 10. The news often reports the simplified version, but sometimes the deals have more to them than that.

I find it more likely that someone is spewing BS about the situation. Given the tire fire going on with the team, it is so believable that it would be true that it gets passed on by more and more people (like I just did).

Leave a comment:

• go riders
    replied

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X